Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good fix to secure the windshield better then the rubber crap that harley uses. Thank you

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
When properly applied, the stock well nuts actually do the job.

Way back in 2010 :rolleyes:, Rockstar RoadGlider (and potential Slipknot band member) Chainsaw posted a great thread on the best way to install them.

You can read it here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
X2 on the wellnut but I quit using the H.D. stock fastener and went with the 10-32 X 5/8 expansion nut from Home Depot (part # Dr#-511) item # 0 30699 83978 0
This allows you to use the stock screw but makes the install easier IMHO due to the nut not taking so long to catch the fairing. Hop that helps. Also these seem a little thicker, but it could just be because they are shorter and don't fold over so much which makes the easier to remove from the fairing. Now I just need to find some black plastic washers that are a little larger than the stock ones that ALWAYS seem to slip into the groove of the windshield :mad:

·
Registered
569 Posts
X2 on the wellnut but I quit using the H.D. stock fastener and went with the 10-32 X 5/8 expansion nut from Home Depot (part # Dr#-511) item # 0 30699 83978 0
This allows you to use the stock screw but makes the install easier IMHO due to the nut not taking so long to catch the fairing. Hop that helps. Also these seem a little thicker, but it could just be because they are shorter and don't fold over so much which makes the easier to remove from the fairing. Now I just need to find some black plastic washers that are a little larger than the stock ones that ALWAYS seem to slip into the groove of the windshield :mad:
Kevin great info found them today and worked great thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts