Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a windshield to help improve the ride for my passenger and help cut down on the buffering. What is out there and works. Wold like to hear what others are doing.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Since the passenger sits higher they will get a little more wind so I wouldn't think that there will be much that helps the passenger. Most of the air turbulence probably is coming from below not above. Remember it's a motorcycle and there's going to be wind no matter what.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have been looking for a windshield to help improve the ride for my passenger and help cut down on the buffering. What is out there and works. Wold like to hear what others are doing.
You need to contact John at Freedom Shields and ask him this question with specifics regarding bike, size of you and passenger, what you want exactly...
Freedom shields are primo both in quality and service. Many others share my view and experience.

Reactions: Road dawg

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have had a klick works shield and it had a lot of buffeting for both of us. Then I picked up a LRS shield on sale and it is way better for both of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I run the Madstad on both of mine, wife is happy so my life is happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
573 Posts
My wife said there was night and day difference on our 2012 RGS between the CeeBailey I started with and the windvest I finished with. When I got the 2016 I went Windvest and have not looked back. Happy wife happy life.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Long Ride Shields with no problems

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have a LRS as well. It works good for me. Passenger still gets some wind. but I have an 11" shield.

Like others have said, lowers might help as well.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Madstad made a huge difference for my wife (thanks again Bluebagger!). Like riding in a convertible. Even a SG friend rode mine for me once and said "there's no wind on that thing!".

Reactions: RGUWalt

·
Registered
498 Posts
Madstad. Wife is 5' 10". Even a 16" LRS wasn't tall enough to stop the buffeting. Put the madstad on and not a single complaint about the wind at 90+ on the way to Sturgis. She bitched about a lot of other stuff, but not the wind

·
Registered
81 Posts
Madstad, tried several others before getting it. I am 5'10'', my wife is about 5'5", when you adjust the Madstad you can feel the difference in the wind going over the top of your helmet, and you adjust accordingly. The biggest advantage to me was being able to adjust it, especially when riding in the rain. My wife has never complained about the wind. I believe they still offer a 30 day trial, put it on, take your bike out on the interstate, ride among the big rigs and you see the difference for sure.

·
Registered
195 Posts
IMO, Air turbulence from under the fairing effects the rider more than the passenger. As the rider, you are the wind blocker for your passenger with the exception of the wind around the head area. There are several good shields already mentioned that work well for the passenger. The height of the shield has more to do with blocking wind for the passenger than style. Windvest shields have a bigger curved area at the top of their shields which has the effect of throwing the wind higher over the rider and passenger. Their advantage is you can possibly get away with a shorter height shield that performs like a taller one. Other than that, your options will be different shields for single or 2 up riding, or the adjustable type that will work for both situations. It all depends on what works for you and your passenger and what you like the looks of.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I run a LRS 12" Mako with the GADS001 and my buffeting is nil and has really improved for my passengers. I have a nice comfy pocket at highway speeds and my passengers have said their buffeting is way better than it was.

·
Registered
967 Posts
After three windshields nothing like MadStad

·
Registered
12 Posts
I didn't see what you ride but I have a 2016 RGU and have been very happy with the LRS 16" Stingray. I'm 6'2" and the wife is 5'9" and this one puts the wind right over the top of our helmets. It is also the right height for me because I can still look over it and not though it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi i went with Long Ride Shield ordered my shield but still haven't got my shipping email its been 3 days now. From what i have read about them they offer very fast service. Doesn't seem that way with my order. Not to happy with them taking a lot time just to get a confirmation from them. Used PayPal so i know they got funds. Will keep you all posted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts