Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have either of those shields on their 15 RG? Looking for input on the Windvest 12 or 14 inch windshield for my bike. I am 5' 11" with a 32 inseam and interested in their shields. If anyone has pics of a Windvest on the 15 RDGL, would appreciate them posted if you would.

Any input is much appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put the 12" on my 2015 RG when I bought it because it was the tallest they had. I'm 6'3" 36 inseam just a little shorter than I like. thinking about the klockwerks 14" flare myself

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the 12" on my 2015 RG when I bought it because it was the tallest they had. I'm 6'3" 36 inseam just a little shorter than I like. thinking about the klockwerks 14" flare myself
Where does the wind hit you, pretty much full face maybe? With the difference in height ect, maybe the 12" would be a good choice for me.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm 5'7" I'm running the "10 WV. I think it's perfect, looks like a 12" is for you.
I ran a 12" WV on my 11, then switched to a Madstad. For me the new fairing and this shield is comparable to my old set up and looks better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Where are you guys finding the WV products for your 15's? I just bought a 15 and would like a WV again but I don't see them on their website. Wonder if they'll be at Daytona. I'll call'm Monday I guess.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you guys finding the WV products for your 15's? I just bought a 15 and would like a WV again but I don't see them on their website. Wonder if they'll be at Daytona. I'll call'm Monday I guess.
Here is the link I have been viewing, there is a pic of the 15 Road Glide on the page.

http://windvest.com/

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm 5'11" with a 30" inseam. I had the 14 " windvest but it was too tall for me. I was looking through the curve so it was a distorted view. The 12" would have been perfect but I liked the look of the clockwerks so I went that route instead

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Windvest 12"/14" on a 15 RoadGlide Reload this Page

I'm 5'11" with a 30" inseam. I had the 14 " windvest but it was too tall for me. I was looking through the curve so it was a distorted view. The 12" would have been perfect but I liked the look of the clockwerks so I went that route instead
I was thinking the 12" would be the best fit for me. I like the look of the Klock Werks, what size did you get and how do you like it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got the 14 inch sport flare in dark smoke. They call it a 14 inch but it's about 12 inches from the speedo housing and I can look over it. The coverage isn't as good as the windvest because the outside edges slope down where the windvest is straight but it's a lot better than the stocker

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All, thanks for the info. My bike came with wind deflectors on the engine guard and fairing. Not sure how both compare to other brands as I have not had them before. I have a set of lowers ordered and hope to have them by end of next week. Now just to find a good shield.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know there are many good choices for windshields, I decided to go with the Wind Vest, 12". I called and spoke to Doug who was great with all of my questions. I am looking forward to seeing how it works out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ordered a 12" Windvest, Had one on the last RG, I was happy with it. WV will be at Daytona and will exchange it there for me if I don't like it, no charge. I looked at the Klockw Werks, while I think it is a cooler looking shape, a couple comments on the forums say they didn't do as good a job with the wind because they're narrow on the top edge.. Other consideration was Freedom Shields... They look like the WV but may be thicker, and a little cheaper. I have been a satisfied customer with WV and they will be at Daytona, so that's my thinking.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I know there are many good choices for windshields, I decided to go with the Wind Vest, 12". I called and spoke to Doug who was great with all of my questions. I am looking forward to seeing how it works out.
When I talked with Doug, I asked if he could give me a discount noting that I belonged to this forum and retired military. He stated he would do that, but when the charge was placed on my CC, he charged me full price anyway. It just seems it about getting a sale and than the buyer will just have to put up with it. Do I think they have a good product, I believe they do and I look forward to getting the windshield.

·
Registered
66 Posts
8" wv

I have the 8" windvest and it works well. Doug didn't think I needed the 12" (I'm 5'10 with 32" inseam). I can see over it very well. He said the 8" will actually act as a stock 12" from HD, because of the lip. I had a HD Windsplitter (12") and could see over it fine, but wanted a lower profile. By going to the 8" windvest, with the dark smoke, I was very happy with the look and still got the coverage. The wind hits about the top of my helmet. I do have a Corbin solo seat, but even with the stock HD seat, It was fine. Attached is a pic.
Call me crazy, but I have a Klock Werks 14" Sport Flare coming in tomorrow to see if it's any better and if I like the looks... If not, I'll be selling it. If I do like it better (looks and protection), I'll sell the windvest. :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
When I talked with Doug, I asked if he could give me a discount noting that I belonged to this forum and retired military. He stated he would do that, but when the charge was placed on my CC, he charged me full price anyway. It just seems it about getting a sale and than the buyer will just have to put up with it. Do I think they have a good product, I believe they do and I look forward to getting the windshield.
Did you call him back and talk to him about the charge difference. It may have just been an over-site.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you call him back and talk to him about the charge difference. It may have just been an over-site.
By the time my CC company auto notified me of the charge, it was past closing time for Wind Vest.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
By the time my CC company auto notified me of the charge, it was past closing time for Wind Vest.
By the time they open today, I will be on the road so I sent them an email.

----------------------
Got done a lot quicker than I expected and had an email from Wind Vest. They did not catch the discount when they billed my CC, they have given me a credit and should show on my CC in a couple of days. They apologized for the over site.

I should have shown more patience

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ordered a 12" Windvest, Had one on the last RG, I was happy with it. ..........................
Following up on my last post.... Put the new 12" Windvest on my 15 yesterday, got it out for a 5 mile ride and I determined it works as well for me as the 12" WV on my 12 RG. Wind hits me right at my hairline, can see about the same.
So... If you had one of the previous model RG's with a 12" WV you can expect the 12" WV on the 15 will work the same.
BTW, I am 5'10" with a 30" inseam.

·
Registered
600 Posts
By the time they open today, I will be on the road so I sent them an email.

----------------------
Got done a lot quicker than I expected and had an email from Wind Vest. They did not catch the discount when they billed my CC, they have given me a credit and should show on my CC in a couple of days. They apologized for the over site.

I should have shown more patience
Glad to hear it turned out positive! In today's society of "Hooray for me and screw you" it's hard to keep the faith. Good luck with your new shield.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts