Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Windvest 8" from denniskirk.com. First, the hate part. The windshield cracked in two spots during installation under what I would consider to be lower than expected torque. Extremely pissed. I would be afraid that the bolts would shake out if I left them as is. I called Dennis Kirk about it, and they asked me to send pics which I've done. Maybe they'll correct the issue and all will be well.

The love part: Total, 100% improvement over stock. I can hear my music much better, and no buffeting.

I'm 5'8" and got the 8" shield per the website's recommendation. Couldn't be happier with that.

As for the rest, time will tell. Here are the pics. So, beware. If you buy this shield, I would recommend tightening very slowly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A buckeye fan in the heart of wolverine country?! Expect more problems lol, only kidding. I'd send it back if possible though the windshield itself looks good. I'm waiting on the 9" Klock werks sport.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
I would call Doug at Windvest @ 877-370-7326 and see what they can do for you.
I have 4 Windvest windshields and I never had any problems with them cracking.
Did you check the torque specs in the 2015 service manual before installing the windshield?? What you consider to be "lower then expected torque" may be too much torque.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I would call Doug at Windvest @ 877-370-7326 and see what they can do for you.
I have 4 Windvest windshields and I never had any problems with them cracking.
Did you check the torque specs in the 2015 service manual before installing the windshield?? What you consider to be "lower then expected torque" may be too much torque.
I agree, if the screws distort the reflection in the windshield around the screw, it was probably to tight... Mine are finger tight with just a 1/4 turn more..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

So Denniskirk.com did nothing. Won't be going back to them.

After I ruled them out, I emailed Windvest directly. Doug, as many of you suggested, emailed me back almost instantly and told me they had a problem with the initial run of shields and went from holes to slots. He's sending me a replacement with the new design. Stand up guy, stand up company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts