Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am 5'10" with 32 inch inseam. I have borrowed friends Cee Baileys and KW, both 12 " shields and I didn't like either of them. I slouch a little when I ride so I think a 12 " shield would be good for me but I also want feed back on 2 up riding and what size shield to use. wife really complianed with the borrowed shields

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Never tried the Mako but I was very happy with my 14" Windvest. I am 6'1" and even though I was happy with the WV I now have that other shield that everyone talks about because it is just that much better. Of your 2 choices though I would give the nudge to the WV. If you are really concerned about how your wife feels you shouldn't limit yourself... consider the other option. It is not as ugly as some people think. ;)

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Don't know anything about Mako. I have 14" WV & very happy with it. I suggest you go to WV website. They have all info you'll need. It goes into detail about finding what height you need. I've talked to them & they know there stuff.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have a Wind Vest 13". It was mounted on a 2006 which has a 1.5" lower fairing than a 2010 and newer. I wished I had purchased at least a 14" may be even a 15" inch windshield. I am also 5'10". I always had buffeting at the top of my 3/4 helmet with the Wind Vest 13". If you are going to get any brand of windshield that is not adjustable with built in venting then go large or go home. I never had a chance to try the National Cycle V-Stream. If I had I would have gone for the tall V-Stream.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Only two option windshields can offer looks and functionality. If you looking for the second, best choice go ugly Madstad no more buffering rider and passenger lower it for single rider or raised for two up adjustable easy and simple. Sure is different look but after a day riding without buffering and helmet shaking or ear buzzing from wind noise will forget how ugly looks on the bike.
No shield will give you 100% protection other than behind the one on a cage but from all ones tried Madstad is the best.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I haven't used a Mako, but I had a 12" WV and wasn't 100% happy, went to a 14" and it was perfect.

I'm also about 5'10" and a 32" inseam!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm 5'8" and have a 12" Windvest that I use with a seat that drops me about 1-1.5"". It works fine for me. If I use the stock ultra seat it is too low. Can't keep my glasses on. I have to use that seat when I ride with the wife. I switch back to the stock ultra shield when she rides with me. I plan on getting a madstad so I don't have to switch.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
2011 RGU. 14" WV. Hammock seat. I'm 5'10" with a 32 inseam. The WV is much better than the stock, but still got some buffeting, less when I rode without the helmet. Wife reported the same. Considering other options, but am happy with it. WIth the stock shield it was almost to the point where I felt it was just plain uncomfortable to ride on the highway. Ive got about 300 miles with the WV, about 75 of it highway at about 70 and it is much much better than the stock.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't flame since I'm new but I'm really trying to figure out what you guys are going for? Car like no air or saying no buffeting but really mean very little air?? I'm not sure? I am trying to see what I like without dropping a ton of money on different ones and it's hard to read and tell. Little about me. I'm 5'10" 31" inseem. I rode a 2001 lowrider no shield for ever and loved it. That's the wind I like. Sold it, built a 75 shovel hardtail and still love it. I love the open( clean) air. I just bought a 13 rg and at first and stock shield and had horrible buffeting( I now know what you all mean) added harley wind deflectors( better) and the Sanchos wings and with stock shield I have no buffeting and really feels like to me of an open bike. Was want to play a bit to see if could get better but really want the open bike feel for even the long trips. I don't know???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts