Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had 5 minutes this week to install the 14" Windvest I purchased from @BH#103, and I can already tell I'm going to like it! it sits a few inches lower then my stock and the top of it isn't going to be in my line of sight. After reading many horror stories on here about the wellnuts, I'm very lucky to say I only "lost" one of them. I use the quotations because the wellnut tore, and I was able to pull the whole rubber piece out with the screw. I have to go out and get some new wellnuts and replace them all but I;m not worried about that yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Windshields

I have a Windvest 12" on my bike and very happy with it

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I finally had 5 minutes this week to install the 14" Windvest I purchased from @BH#103, and I can already tell I'm going to like it! it sits a few inches lower then my stock and the top of it isn't going to be in my line of sight. After reading many horror stories on here about the wellnuts, I'm very lucky to say I only "lost" one of them. I use the quotations because the wellnut tore, and I was able to pull the whole rubber piece out with the screw. I have to go out and get some new wellnuts and replace them all but I;m not worried about that yet.
Glad you got it installed, I have always had great experiences with Windvest ranging from the 10" to 14". Good luck with it!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Windvest is hands down the best company I have ever dealt with in customer service. I ran a 15" and loved that windshield. Will be buying from them again in the future when I get another bike.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did about 130 highway miles with the shield today... no complaints with the shield at all.. better sightlines for me, and no extra buffeting for my girl. A definte win-win. Thanks again @BH#103!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Glad you like your Wind Vest. I tried two of them and they just didn't work for me and I ended up going MadStad.

Go to the MadStad website - they sell a well nut replacement that is very heavy duty and don't tear and fall apart like the crappy stock ones. I would imagine they work with any windshield since the holes are the same sizes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts