Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windy City here I come! Found my ticket for a 6 month delayed Blues show; think I’ll check out Buddy Guy’s club while I’m in town.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ride Safe, Jack!
Will do sir! Definitely stepping out of my comfort zone; don’t like big cities and riding in them I dislike even more but I’m ready for a fairly short trip and get to check out my daughters high-rise apartment and visit with her “a little” , she’s a very busy young lady. But just having dinner with her will be a treat! Maybe she’ll even let me cook for her; NAH, She knows I need a break, we’ll eat out! Besides, I haven’t had any “real Chicago” pizza since she was a freshman(or freshwoman :grin:) in college. Sorry, I’m rambling! Just kinda excited 😆

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Buddy Guy’s Legends is awesome! Was there back in 01 (a week before 9-11) and had a great time in Chicago. Even the hole in the wall blues bars were great,maybe even better than Legends. I’m from Brooklyn and we think our pizza is the best but Chicago pizza is good too,enjoy lol. While there,also rented a car and drove to Milwaukee to do the Harley factory tour. I survived riding all over NYC many years dodging those yellow cabs and you should be fine in Chicago lol. Have great time hanging out with your daughter and have an awesome,safe trip Jack!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Nice man, when will you be gracing us with your presence? Depending on what I got going on, I'll do my best to make time to ride with ya and get some pizza! Word of advice too, if you are planning on riding in Chicago or on the highways pay attention as most others are more than likely paying attention to their phones.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Nice man, when will you be gracing us with your presence? Depending on what I got going on, I'll do my best to make time to ride with ya and get some pizza! Word of advice too, if you are planning on riding in Chicago or on the highways pay attention as most others are more than likely paying attention to their phones.
Hey that would be awesome if some of you guys could hook up if time permits, I’m sure SE would love to see Jack again too

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
''

Lord willing; I'll be coming in tomorrow, oopps, today, mid-afternoon. Will find some place to hang out until my daughter gets off of work. She's going to let me have her space in the "secured" parking garage of the apartment building she lives in. The concert is Thursday night at the "Park West" venue? Any info on this "dive"? Will be hanging around "probably" until Sunday? Will keep a keen eye on the weather! Will pm you my cell #, we'll see what happens; maybe you can drag "homeboy" SE out for pizza! Daughter lives on East End Av. in Hyde Park. THANKS FOR THE WARNING!!!!!(have never ridden a bike in Chicago :frown::serious::surprise::laugh:

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Have an enjoyable ride, great time to be had for sure!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Made it to Chicago but not on the bike! 🙃 Raining like crazy when I left INDY, and I was just plain ol too tired to ride. I may be half-crazy but I’m not stupid! No comments from the SE & other peanut galleria 🤪😝😱. Still having a good time! Concert is tomorrow night & then hopefully Buddy Guy’s Legends Blues club Friday evening. We’ll see! Hope the rest of y’all have great riding weather this weekend!

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Jackie Moon........sorry Pal, been off the site for a week or so with busy work shit and family crap.

I am actually VERY happy you did not ride as 5000 South can get sketchy REAL quick if you hit the wrong block and the young'ins see an Old Dude on a HD and think "Joy Ride time, I'll take him and you grab the bike".........

Enjoy the time with your Kiddo my man........

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jackie Moon........sorry Pal, been off the site for a week or so with busy work shit and family crap.

I am actually VERY happy you did not ride as 5000 South can get sketchy REAL quick if you hit the wrong block and the young'ins see an Old Dude on a HD and think "Joy Ride time, I'll take him and you grab the bike".........

Enjoy the time with your Kiddo my man........
Thanks Eddie; since you’re out in the burbs, MAYBE I could “borrow” one of your ponies :wink::grin:

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Thanks Eddie; since you’re out in the burbs, MAYBE I could “borrow” one of your ponies :wink::grin:
Take the Bonnie Man........a tad lighter then the Slim........but the RG is a Bloated Whale so I am guessing that is out fo the question - The Wide Glide is not road ready yet and tucked away in a neighbors garage down the street

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@SteadyEddie: looks all “family friendly” to me 🤷*♂

Attachments

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Take the Bonnie Man........a tad lighter then the Slim........but the RG is a Bloated Whale so I am guessing that is out fo the question - The Wide Glide is not road ready yet and tucked away in a neighbors garage down the street
You’re the best bro, I don’t care what Nordic Berserker says! :grin::grin::surprise: LOL 😂

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
@SteadyEddie: looks all “family friendly” to me 🤷*♂
Neighborhoods down there can go from nice to shit in the span of a block........just be careful my friend - Hell, the "Nice N Side Hoods" I use to live in are all having issues with Car Jacking and Break Ins........the City is not what it once was

1 - 20 of 34 Posts