Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anybodys got lowers and is thinking of putting them new magnetic glove box doors and use sanchos wings, everything will technically fit, but not well. You wont be able to easily open the doors, pretty much defeating the purpose.

Anyway, finally got some time to experiment... Took the wings off and used a fine tooth hack saw to trim about 2" off the bottom of the wings. The used 320 grit sandpaper to smooth off the rough edge, masked them off, and hit em with a little gloss black paint around the existing border to clean things up. Put some new two sided tape and done!

Can get inside the gloveboxes nice and i think the wings will still function close to intended. The bottom edge of the wings are about 1/2" higher than the top edge of the lowers. I probably couldve left a little more but too late for that, whats done is done.

Not the most technical post ever, but wanted to share that its not too difficult to take a hacksaw to some parts and give them a second life. Just gotta take your time and be careful...

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Got some pics ? I just got the wings and I am not going to get the magnetic doors as of yet thinking of maybe speakers instead of the doors. So either way any pics would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have the magnetic doors and was wondering if the wings would interfere with them. I use the doors a lot and sometimes on the fly when I need to switch sunglasses.

Ricky

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would also like to see pics of your mod.
Thistle

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trolling though some old posts and forgot i shared this! Ill take a pic in the a.m. It basically looks the same, just cut about 2 inches off the bottom and sanded the rough edge. I couldve left them a touch longer...

·
Registered
521 Posts
As requested. Nothing earth shattering, but it works.
Thanks for the pics. Looks like the only difference is the tab at the top of the magnetic and on the bottom for the stock. I can cut 1" off the bottom. There is a lot to consider now with all the mods. Non Vented lower fairings, lower fairing speakers, magnetic doors. Thanks for the info and I'll make note of it on my web site. I'm going to do some testing on my bike and hopefully come up with a one size fits all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts