10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as not to steal from ONG's BBQ thread

JtB

we go ( or used to anyways ) pretty regularly , at least once a year

pork chops are the speciality , but they have other stuff

Grand Rivers Kentucky in the Land Between the Lakes area

Exit 31 off I24 , 400 miles exactly from my place in central Bama

I want to ride the area a bit as we usually ride up on a Saturday and eat and ride back Sunday

This time I'm thinking of arriving on Friday , riding the area on Saturday and Patti's that evening and a BBQ joint not far from there on Sunday

Probably March or April me thinketh

If it happens , a good head count with a fairly accurate reservation time will help a lot as Patti's is always busy ..

JtB

http://www.pattis-settlement.com/index.htm

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just got fatter thinking about one of those pork chops. Hopefully my work schedule will allow me to go on this. Keep me posted on a date for this!

·
Super Moderator
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it wont be the weekend of ONG's run , as that weekend will be with my ma and her 86th birthday bash :eek:

I have a budd from another forum who is in Belton Ky , he's ready , and between him and MarkP , mebbe we can git some good local riding in ..

Will keep ya posted

JtB

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'm in Jack. There are some really good roads down through that part of Kentucky and Patti's is generally a great place to eat. If you haven't done so I suggest going there during the Christmas season. The place is beautifully decorated.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Keep us posted on this.
Grand River is 2.5 hrs. from Nashville via !-24, or 3+ given a back-roads route. Perfect little hike from here.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Put me down for this road trip. I'm only 150 miles away from there since moving to Kentucky. Will keep an eye out for details.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I will subscribe and do what I can to make it. We had a good trip there over labor day. Look forward to meeting you Jack.
PS. Let us know if you get a group to camp at a specific cg we would be up for that as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I actually thunk about camping somewhere ..

HHMM I know there are a bunch around there , and IIRC there is one on the left when you turn off to Patti's but I never been there ..

Off to the other forum to ask about the campgrounds

OOHH you are at the other forum motofan

I'm PM'n Ziggy there

JtB

·
Super Moderator
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got some info on some campgrounds close by , will post later ..

I hope to make this an annual thingy , not to compete with SW in any way , done in March or April .

Kinda first ride break out of winter run/meet and greet .

We always called 'em a grocery run ..

No more than a days ride for anyone wishing to show up , maybe 500 or so miles , but if ya wanna come from further away , that's fine as well ..

The idea being you could skip work Friday and ride in , or if close enuff show up Saturday , meet/greet/eat/ on Saturday and return home Sunday ..

JtB

·
Registered
325 Posts
Good grub at Patti's for sure. I live about 90 miles north of Grand Rivers.

We rode down between the lakes on our way to Florence Al. to catch the Natchez trace a few weeks back, very nice ride.

·
Super Moderator
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
durwood , did you go down the back way to Florence staying off the big road ??

I was looking at taking the back roads up or back , US highways almost all the way ..

JtB

·
Super Moderator
10,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are at least three campgrounds on Lake Barkley

they are

Boyd's Landing

Eureka Campgrounds

Canal Campground

they are seasonal and open around end of March to end of May

Anyone et at :

Willow Pond Catfish in Eddyville

or

Knoths BBQ in Grand Rivers

or

Mr BBQ in Grand Rivers

JtB

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I am suscribed also just a days ride for me as well,havent camped in yrs but wont say no to it

·
Registered
217 Posts
We've camped at Canal,Wranglers, and Piney. I enjoyed all three, but I would stay away from Wranglers with a group of Bikers. It's my experience that bikes and horses don't mix well. I'm always up for trying new places as well.
I can vouch for Mr BBQ for breakfast.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I ain't much on camping 'less somebodys got one of dem fancy motorhomes. I may be in for some good ridin' and eatin' though not being that far aways. March may be a little early weather wise but ya never know. I'm doin ONG's run but if the dates right count me in for your's as well....I'll stay tuned

1 - 20 of 63 Posts