Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going to Sturgis next year so I feel like I should designate this winter to mods in the area of performance and handling. With the exception of hydographics for the inner and stereo upgrade. Since I am running the older chassis (2005) I figured my money would be best spent on monotubes, tour link and rear shocks.

Here are my questions:
1. Monotubes - Progressive is the only one currently manufacturing them today. Is that correct?
2. Tour Link - Progress, True-Track and Alloy Art make them but is one better than the other?
3. Rear Shock – Planning on running 944 or 444 Progressives. Anyone one tried both and able to provide feedback between the two?
4. Will I need to mod the side stand if I lower it an inch?

I would like to drop the current ride height down 1 inch. Far as driving style, I’m not a floor board scraper on every turn (which I may be if I lower it an inch) but I have no problem putting it in the corner. I do ride 2up time to time. My goal here is to give it the lower look, plus improve the handling and ride with a lower center of gravity.

Me: 5’11” 190 lbs

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Side stand modification is going to depend on how much you want it to lean. If you lower it, it will sit up straighter on the side stand for sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Side stand modification is going to depend on how much you want it to lean. If you lower it, it will sit up straighter on the side stand for sure.
Guess my question should be, what mods should i do to my side stand to keep a safe lean? I don't want to worry a stiff wind will knock it over.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I can only provide input on #1:

When I installed my -1 Monotubes, they yielded about 1.25 inches of drop. Teamed with the stock SG shocks (-1 from my stockers), the bike didn't lean near as much, uncomfortable at times. When I installed the 21 on the front, the lean came back, but if I were to leave it lowered with stock wheels I'd definitely look into the shorter side stand or a center stand.

As far as handling, it was day and night from stock to monotubes, lowering in the front will make it fairly easy to scrape your boards if you're gettin' it!

Hope that helps, good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts