Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this stuff on TV called wipe new. You know the two bottles for 19.95. I just wondered if any buddy has tried this stuff on there black inner fairing ?

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
I see this stuff on TV called wipe new. You know the two bottles for 19.95. I just wondered if any buddy has tried this stuff on there black inner fairing ?
if it's on tv, it must be good. that's what they said on the internet anyway :D

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
if it's on tv, it must be good. that's what they said on the internet anyway :D
Dang skippy........anything advertised w/ "Wait- There's more" has GOT TO BE on the up & up !! LOL!!!!!!!

Seriously, I've not used nor seen any results from the product, so I really can't factually say....... but I'm just one of those "If it's too good to be true" kinda guys.......having been in the detail biz in the past, however, I'd not believe that the results would last as long as they claim......Personally I'd not use & just save my $$$$'s to have the inner painted.............

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
They also sell it at Wally world. Guys on the truck forum have tried it. Mixed results so far. Worse thing about that company is they won't leave you alone after you buy it. They keep contacting you trying to sell you more chit.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
They also sell it at Wally world. Guys on the truck forum have tried it. Mixed results so far. Worse thing about that company is they won't leave you alone after you buy it. They keep contacting you trying to sell you more chit.

If it ACTUALLY worked, it would be GREAT for vehicles like the Chevy Avalanche & all those with the black bumpers & such.......I know we used to do the old "Armor - all & buff " deal to make them look good for the sale, but they' fade after a few days...........

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
If it ACTUALLY worked, it would be GREAT for vehicles like the Chevy Avalanche & all those with the black bumpers & such.......I know we used to do the old "Armor - all & buff " deal to make them look good for the sale, but they' fade after a few days...........
Guys have posted it takes almost 2 full bottles to do they Avy. I use other stuff that last about 8 months and it's $23 for a 1/2 litre can. I can get about 50 coats of it out of that one can. 2 coats in the spring and one in the fall. 2 cladded avys and one nekkid avy = about 8 coats per year. simple math for me. $23 for 6 years worth of coverage.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Guys have posted it takes almost 2 full bottles to do they Avy. I use other stuff that last about 8 months and it's $23 for a 1/2 litre can. I can get about 50 coats of it out of that one can. 2 coats in the spring and one in the fall. 2 cladded avys and one nekkid avy = about 8 coats per year. simple math for me. $23 for 6 years worth of coverage.
What product is it that you use one your Avy, OBB?
Tried the Wipe New and it looks good except for the bed covers sections.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
What product is it that you use one your Avy, OBB?
Tried the Wipe New and it looks good except for the bed covers sections.
Product called Refinish Restorer. Made in Germany and imported. It can be found on ebay. I find it locally at a body supply store for about half the price of ebay. Bed panels take the most abuse from the sun. Top of the sail panel also but it comes back real nice.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
It worked for me on the wife's jeep but what they don't tell you is you have to make sure everything is scrubbed spot less and you need a dust free environment to let it set for 24 hours after you apply it. And you will save money if you can find it local and yep unless you tell them off and threaten them they won't quit calling but after a few strong words they finally get it and the bottles are really small but it's been almost a year and it still looks good

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
247 Posts
I bought some at wally world last year for the bumpers and other parts of my van. Followed the directions carefully, and it worked 0k, but that's it - just ok. No better than other, cheaper products. I would not recommend it, unless you find it at half advertised price or less somewhere.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
inner fairing

Is there any thing on the market you can use on your inner fairing that you can paint over at a latter date ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wipe New

I have used this on my inner fairing and it looks quite good, nice shine. Put it on almost a year ago and it still looks good. I will add another coat this spring. Agree with earlier comments, need to be really clean to apply, really doesn't take that much on the inner fairing. Careful when you apply to make sure you don't leave streaks. I also used it on the bumper of my Jeep which gets more dirt and it still looks good. Bought at Walmart, no hassles there.

Hmmm...$20 pfft one of the cheaper things to apply to your bike vs how much to paint?

Wait, maybe this belongs in the Accessories under $50 thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts