Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased 16inch Vindikta bars and going with the Ultimate Bagger Guerrilla cables extension kit. Can anyone give me an idea as to how much they had to extend the wires and TBW.

Thanks
Masque

·
Registered
21 Posts
Purchased 16inch Vindikta bars and going with the Ultimate Bagger Guerrilla cables extension kit. Can anyone give me an idea as to how much they had to extend the wires and TBW.

Thanks
Masque
You can always cut the new wires to the length you want them at if they are too long. Doesn't the ultimate kit come in 24"?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I did the 14" Vindikta's on my RGS and bought the 4" Namz extensions. I think I could have actually gotten away without extending the wiring though....but seeing as though I bought them, I used them anyways.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just got done putting 18" Badseed bars on my 2012 RGC and I didn't have to extend any wires. I did, however, have to cut the connectors off the wires on the right side, so I used the ones from the kit. The TBW wiring in the fairing can be rerouted and mine was long enough to go all the way under the gauge pod.

I suggest running your wires through the bars, mock them up before cutting anything off, then see how long you need to make your extensions, if any.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rusty 18" and nothing extended nice job . I'm just leaving everything where it and using the whole extension kit. I don't wanna mess or move all the wiring around.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thinking about extending the wires without removing the pins from the connectors, just cutting a bit before the connector adding the extensions then splice solder and heat shrink. Has anyone done the extensions this way.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thinking about extending the wires without removing the pins from the connectors, just cutting a bit before the connector adding the extensions then splice solder and heat shrink. Has anyone done the extensions this way.
If you dont have the right crimping tool, adding wire in between is best. i would do it at least 5" away from the connector. that way you have room to solder.

The stock plastic sleeve over the wires makes it hard to pull through. I removed mine. i left about 3" from each housing to protect the wires going into the bars. Then I used 1/2" mesh wire sleeving and it makes really easy to pull and protects the wire. call around, they sell it by the foot as well.

heres a link on what it looks like.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mes...=FTFNVcyzI4mTyQSTrYCQCA&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Just my 2 cent. :D

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I did mine that way as well. Just make sure you stagger the cuts. You don't want all the wire solder joints in the same place. They will be hard to pull through the bars and get around the bends. Not hard at all to do. Lots of places here to explain the process. Donk is the man.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DanHappy been reading Donk's threads that's what's got me feeling I can do it myself. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Pulling the wires through was the hardest. Don't let anybody kid you, it is not a peice of cake. I am mechanically gifted, and I still had a few places that I had to take a step back and really look at what I was doing. Some say they can do in 8 hours. I came BS. My opinion of course to the ones that did do it!!!! If you do a couple times....
Just take your time and you will do fine. Any help let us know.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DannyHappy thanks for the advise i know ill have to take a few breaks and breathe due to the fact that frustration usually leads to breaking things :mad::eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts