Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have got wireless CarPlay on my 2020 cvo touring bike. It can be done not with DC Scandinavia product number 80.900/80.910. CPLAY2air dose not work.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have got wireless CarPlay on my 2020 cvo touring bike. It can be done not with DC Scandinavia product number 80.900/80.910. CPLAY2air dose not work.
What did you use on the CVO that did work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
840 Posts
Fair enough. But I still wouldnt know how to choose what music to store on my phone, out of my 2+TBs of stored music, so in areas of no service, I would just go without.
Curious, on a 8-10 hour day how much data do you use streaming music from Pandora. Data is the main reason I do off line music. I neglected to choose offline once and rode all day on the highway and it showed 2 gig of data warning. Hard to believe it was just that ride. I need to go back and see if I can see just that day. I also have traveled many times with little to no cell service during the trip. Strangely it seems those are the times I want to be into music.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Curious, on a 8-10 hour day how much data do you use streaming music from Pandora. Data is the main reason I do off line music. I neglected to choose offline once and rode all day on the highway and it showed 2 gig of data warning. Hard to believe it was just that ride. I need to go back and see if I can see just that day. I also have traveled many times with little to no cell service during the trip. Strangely it seems those are the times I want to be into music.
I have an unlimited data plan, grandfathered with no throttling, so I don't worry about capacity limits.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have a 2019 or newer bike with a GTS head unit this is a plug and play dongle that allows most of the carplay features to work.

I see this one does not work if you have a WHIM installed. Are there any that do?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Was just notified by CarPlay2Air that their device is now compatible with 2019-2021 Harley-Davidson. I use this device in 2 of my cars and wireless CarPlay works flawlessly. Just ordered another as they are on sale for $99 for one more day.

CARPLAY2air.com

·
Registered
416 Posts
Was just notified by CarPlay2Air that their device is now compatible with 2019-2021 Harley-Davidson. I use this device in 2 of my cars and wireless CarPlay works flawlessly. Just ordered another as they are on sale for $99 for one more day.

CARPLAY2air.com
Have you updated and tried one of your existing ones with the bike yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
I also just ordered one, hope it works as stated.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Seems like a great device. My main concern would be how reliably it makes the connection and brings up Car Play without having to go through the hassle of specific startup sequences when using the H-D Sena headset.

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
When I get mine in, I will update on how well the setup goes. I use only fairing speaks, so will not be able to state on a wireless headset.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think despite the sale price I'm going to wait and watch for indications of how this unit works in the presence of the WHIM - Headset pairing.

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
Seems like a great device. My main concern would be how reliably it makes the connection and brings up Car Play without having to go through the hassle of specific startup sequences when using the H-D Sena headset.
Do not know for sure, but. Could you pair a headset to your phone, than the phone to the device. Maybe send an email to the manufacture to see how it may work?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Do not know for sure, but. Could you pair a headset to your phone, than the phone to the device. Maybe send an email to the manufacture to see how it may work?
I have no solid idea. In some of these situations about all a person can do is roll the dice....buy the stuff and get busy experimenting. That's not how I prefer to do it for sure.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts