Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
^^^^ You got me to wondering, if I ever get a wireless headset, how would it work. I have sent them an email asking and for me, I do not plan on a headset, but?. ^^^^

·
Registered
598 Posts
^^^^ You got me to wondering, if I ever get a wireless headset, how would it work. I have sent them an email asking and for me, I do not plan on a headset, but?. ^^^^
Cool. Of course if you learn anything interesting please post it up on this thread. My intuition says the CPlay unit might work along with the rest of the gear, but you never know. When multiple wi-fi and Bluetooth connections and signals have to work well together, there seems to be a risk of issues.

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
Ok, heard back from them. As noted in this thread, the device ensures the proper info is sent to the infotainment center, making it seem like the phone is plugged in. To me, if their device makes it look like the phone is plugged in directly, why would it interfere with anything else?.

I do have a W.H.I.M installed, but do not have a wireless headset, so I can not test it.

Reactions: StoneTrekker

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm amazed at how many people store "their" music on their phone. That would not in any way be possible for me. The good news is I have access to just about anything from Spotify or Pandora, and especially with Pandora, I can seed stations with music I like and not have to listen to the same thing over again, and even be introduced to new music. So I'm fine with Bluetooth, or frankly now with Android Auto, I'm perfectly happy connecting my phone and leaving it in the right hand glove compartment.
Some articles say stored music plays louder than streamed

·
Registered
145 Posts
Some articles say stored music plays louder than streamed
Well I know in my case, bluetooth music doesn't have the same type volume as on device listening (even with the phone volume at max), whether it was on device files or streamed. However, I think my Spotify/Pandora/Apple music listening is as loud as stored music when it's plugged in to my phone. But that just may be me. lol

Reactions: Quick2 and Jblohm

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
I installed/paired the device a bit ago, setup was easy. I played around with it for another 15 minutes, seems to work pretty well. With a temp of 90 and feel like at 98, that was it for me. I will see over time how well it works. For me, I wanted to try it, as now I can put it in a locked saddle bag instead of the fairing pocket, where I keep forgetting to take it with me when stopped 😏.

Reactions: Skurtenb

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
^^^^Yep^^^^
So far everything works just like when my iPhone was plugged in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yup, i picked up this device about 2 months ago and it works as advertised. once you turn on the bike it takes about 30-45 seconds for CarPlay to show up on your screen. I love not having to plug in my phone all the time and it seems to have no additional drain on the battery.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Iam the lest teckno person on the planet, but Carlos @NVS just flashed my head unit and I have Car Play/Android Auto with no headset. I can't talk on the phone, but I don't see the need to talk while riding.
My experience also is the quality of wired exceeds the bluetooth connection

41 - 51 of 51 Posts