Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to use my iPhone for music and don't want the wire from the phone to the radio when its raining. Is there a way to do it wireless?
Thanks,

Kudu40

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I have an Aluratec Bluetooth receiver that plugs into the front jack of the stock radio. Cord is 2" long. I use it all the time and it works perfect. Go to Amazon and type in

Aluratek AIS01F I-Stream DockFree Bluetooth Audio Receiver

It is about 30 bucks. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't know how comfortable you are with soldering but you can add an aux input to the back of the radio and run a cable inside the fairing to one of the glove boxes. You need to take the factory radio out and take the face off. Solder onto the contacts for the aux in and cut one trace on the board to let the radio think something is plugged into it. Run the harness out the back of the radio and your done. I did it to mine and a few friends and it worked great. I'd still use it but I went aftermarket and got iPod control from the handlebars.

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have an Aluratec Bluetooth receiver that plugs into the front jack of the stock radio. Cord is 2" long. I use it all the time and it works perfect. Go to Amazon and type in

Aluratek AIS01F I-Stream DockFree Bluetooth Audio Receiver

It is about 30 bucks. Highly recommend.
So did you just place it somewhere in your fairing?

Also did you hook it up to the stock radio?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Iron Cross Audio will install a Bluetooth receiver in the HK for around $100.

I also use the $20 Bluetooth receivers that plug into the aux port and they work very well, but they don't seem to be very water resistant...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
So did you just place it somewhere in your fairing?

Also did you hook it up to the stock radio?
I plugged it right into the stock radio jack.

The Aluratec Bluetooth receiver is only about 2" square and 1/4 inch thick with a plug end that is about 3 inches long. It comes with a small piece of Velcro. I plugged the thing into the jack of the stock radio and used the Velcro to mount it right under the radio. You can hardly see it. I would send a photo but I am 500 miles away from the bike.

Google "Aluratek AIS01F " for more info

·
Registered
131 Posts
I plugged it right into the stock radio jack.

The Aluratec Bluetooth receiver is only about 2" square and 1/4 inch thick with a plug end that is about 3 inches long. It comes with a small piece of Velcro. I plugged the thing into the jack of the stock radio and used the Velcro to mount it right under the radio. You can hardly see it. I would send a photo but I am 500 miles away from the bike.

Google "Aluratek AIS01F " for more info
Most of the reviews say you have to "clear" the receiver and re-synch to your phone everytime you use it. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Most of the reviews say you have to "clear" the receiver and re-synch to your phone everytime you use it. Is this true?
I don't know what they are talking about with clearing the receiver...
The Bluetooth receiver will shut off it it doesn't detect a signal, for example when you walk away from the bike. To re-sync, make sure your phone is on with Bluetooth on. Hold the receiver's "on" button for a few seconds and it will turn on and discover your device.

I would buy this again without hesitation. It lasts 12 hrs on a charge and syncs very easily. I use it more than my iPod interface.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a life proof case for my iPhone. the case comes with an adapter that screws into the case with an o-ring. I have been in the rain numerous times with my phone plugged into the aux port with no problems. My phone is in the Harley magnetic case on my tank (with the plastic screen cut out b/c i was having troubles changing songs through the harley case) This case is great I am on my 2nd one. I don't know what the odds of water going into the head unit from having the aux cable plugged in while it is raining. I haven't had any problems. When the power cable is plugged into the phone it isn't water tight so if it is going to rain i just unplug the power cable and close the flap.

Hope that helps out some

·
Registered
25 Posts
+1 with Craigmier. The MPOW will get the job done with ease. Got mine yesterday from Amazon & couldn't be happier with the product & price! Give the MPOW a shot & u shouldn't be disappointed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts