Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one more try.......I have some 10" Yaffee's that I plan to install soon. I want to pre wire before I pull off the stock bars, so I don't plan to reuse my wiring. I hope this shortens the amount of down time while swapping bars. So, I need a wiring set up for the Yaffee's. Anyone that went taller than 10" and had to buy a new longer wiring set up, want to sell their old wiring harness and switches?? Let me know.....................

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yaffe Bars and Wiring

one more try.......I have some 10" Yaffee's that I plan to install soon. I want to pre wire before I pull off the stock bars, so I don't plan to reuse my wiring. I hope this shortens the amount of down time while swapping bars. So, I need a wiring set up for the Yaffee's. Anyone that went taller than 10" and had to buy a new longer wiring set up, want to sell their old wiring harness and switches?? Let me know.....................
Did I post this too late last night? No views even..............come on, someone help me out...................

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sounds like a good plan if you can get the wiring. I'm curious to know how much a second set of wiring costs since this project has some risk of wiring damage and I'm thinking of doing it myself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just installed my 12in monkey bars and used the factory wiring. my understanding is that you actually only buy wire extensions, not a new wire harness.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I've seen used control wiring sets for sale occasionally but not very often. You have a good plan if you can find them. I wouldn't sweat it too much though if you can't. Just dive in, eliminate the green TBW plug by hard wiring (or move to the fairing like I did), and get it done.

Maybe for practice, bundle up a set of generic wires and run them through. That way you can get a feel for the trouble spots before you use your control wiring.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can tell you from my experience with 10" Monkey Bars Thursday and Friday that there is plenty of wire with the stock harnesses - they will not hang back on the side of the radio like they were stock but they are plenty long enough - the only one that might be too short for your liking is the TBW harness - this harness I had to relocate the plug (the one under the fairing) between the gauges and the inner primary. There is also plenty of clutch and brake cable.

This project was a real b&t%h! I don't see how some people were able to leave the green TBW plug on - I had to cut it off and solder the wires together in order to get everything in the throttle side.

They look great but man on man what an ordeal.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Wiring

Save yourself a headache and get the screaming eagle throttle sensor,and strip the bulky black harness sheath,and put on heat shink tubing and shrink it, much easier

·
Registered
138 Posts
Save yourself a headache and get the screaming eagle throttle sensor,and strip the bulky black harness sheath,and put on heat shink tubing and shrink it, much easier
Agreed, I heat shrinked the whole thing. That stuff is tougher and can handle the snaking process. I still had to basically cut the harness and stagger the solder connections to prevent it from becoming too bulky. didn't have to extend them at all.

Sent from my MyPhone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts