Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the wife one and got her "comfortable travel seat" Aka a tour pak. Put on a 17 RGS so there is no wiring or lighting to it yet. I am putting speaker pods and a CD LED light bar that will give me turn signal, run and brake on the TP. I also want to put a power port in the pack. That means a fair amount of wires that need to have QD connectors. Anyone found good connectors that aren't crazy large? I am comfortable getting the wiring connected to the bike but I can't find good connectors that aren't big old ugly things.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

Get a connector with as meany pins in it as you need. In the long run it’s way easier to plug in one plug. My set up is a little different then what you might do, but I transferred this TP from my old bike which was a 2012.

As far as where to get the plug, eBay or amazon. Get the kit that has all the pins and sockets and you’ll probably need some extras. LOL. I also suggest a tool to crimp them. Search amazon, I can’t get it to link right now. It will save you A LOT of ass pain.

So the big plug has speakers and rear comms. The small plug on top is all the running and brake lights. The TP charging port is in line with the side marker, rear run/brake.

I’m not sure what you need to get the rear turns on your bike as I didn’t go that route so I’m not sure where you jump it under the seat.

You can see the CD rear run/brake hear as well as the side markers. If you have any questions just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
JST JWPF connectors are fantastic micro-connectors, rated up to 3A continuous. Generally LED lights draw less than that. I can't comment on speakers, but likely less than that as well. I use them a lot for motorsport/automotive applications. They are water-resistant/proof, and can handle quite a bit of current. The 2 pin connectors are only about 0.25x0.25x0.5 in when completely assembled and connected. They are similar to deutsch DT connectors, but much smaller and molex style pin vs barrel pins.

They do require using a 2mm die crimper, i.e Engineer PA-20, readily available on amazon or your favorite online purchasing site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
JST JWPF connectors are fantastic micro-connectors, rated up to 3A continuous. Generally LED lights draw less than that. I can't comment on speakers, but likely less than that as well. I use them a lot for motorsport/automotive applications. They are water-resistant/proof, and can handle quite a bit of current. The 2 pin connectors are only about 0.25x0.25x0.5 in when completely assembled and connected. They are similar to deutsch DT connectors, but much smaller and molex style pin vs barrel pins.

They do require using a 2mm die crimper, i.e Engineer PA-20, readily available on amazon or your favorite online purchasing site.
And here is a link for the connectors, had to post separate because post count...

J.S.T. Mfg. Co., Ltd.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Or you could buy everything you need right out of the Harley parts catalog.

From molex connectors to pins. everything you need to create your own custom harness that allows you to connect in without cutting a wire on the OEM harness.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Or you could buy everything you need right out of the Harley parts catalog.

From molex connectors to pins. everything you need to create your own custom harness that allows you to connect in without cutting a wire on the OEM harness.
Does the factory sell a kit to do that? I didn't think they did.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Does the factory sell a kit to do that? I didn't think they did.
Not a kit per se. You have to select the individual parts you need to make up your harness. I looked into doing it to use the Ultra tour pack on the Road King.

The parts catalog shows every part for the touring bikes, down to the connector pins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts