Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I’m having a bit of a issue. I’m trying to wire in a trailer harness into my stock bikes rear fender lighting harness. I have the 6 pin deutch connector apart and the wire colours are different than in my manual.
I’ve used a meter and am still having issues.
There are 6 wires when I should only need 5 I would think (right, left, brake, running, ground).
I have a trailer adaptor to go into the standard 4 wire trailer harness and I’m trying to figure out what wire goes where.

Anyone know the colour coded for what does what?
Anyone know what the 6th wire is for?
Really any insight would help a ton!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Al

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Hey everyone. I’m having a bit of a issue. I’m trying to wire in a trailer harness into my stock bikes rear fender lighting harness. I have the 6 pin deutch connector apart and the wire colours are different than in my manual.
There are 6 wires when I should only need 5 I would think (right, left, brake, running, ground).
I have a trailer adaptor to go into the standard 4 wire trailer harness and I’m trying to figure out what wire goes where.

Thanks in advance!!!

Al

Al, according to my 2012 HD Electrical Diagnostic Manual there should be six (6) wires used in the rear lighting connector.
I will list below what the manual has for each color wire.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

Black - Ground
Violet - Left Turn Feed
Red / Yellow - Brake Relay
Blue - Lights Fuse
Brown - Right Turn Feed
Orange / White - Rear Stop Lamp Switch

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Awesome!! Exactly what I’m looking for. I assume the 6th wire is ground?
Al, sorry I forgot the Brown Wire which is for Right Turn Feed.
The Blue Wire is for the Lights Fuse
Mike U.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Thanks in advance!!!

Al

Do you need an electrical diagnostic manual for that bike. I them digital and can slide one over to ya if you want it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts

Thanks in advance!!!

Al

Oh and there is an accessory plug behind your red tail light. That alone should do what you want to do. If not just tap into the connectors inside that same red taillight. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
10,475 Posts
you really should be doing this with an isolator , it is plug and play , runs the trailer lights off the battery ..

JtB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts