Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am adding a trailer hitch to my 2013 RGC and trying to figure out what wiring harness to order. Buying the hitch from MChitch.com which has 4, 5, and 6 wire kits. I'm looking under the seat and find a number of connectors and wants to know which connector is the brake line? I see a 4 wire end connector that has rubber plug.

I'm trying to determine if ill need harness that gets inserted into existing connector or is the a end plug setup for adding a wiring harness for brakes?
Ill try and attach the pict I took on my iPad but may have to add that later.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
1st thing you've got to decide is what trailer you're going to pull. That will determine whether you need a 4, 5 or 6 wire setup. The rear tail light connector used to be under the seat. Don't know about the newer bikes. A HD service manual with wiring diagrams will tell you that. You could probably just look at the wiring bundle coming from the rear fender and find the connector.
Any company making trailer plug-in wiring kits can also tell you.

·
Super Moderator
9,760 Posts
pull the seat , find the wire running over the top of the fender , its a plug there , is an 8 pin plug IIRC

if the trailer has separate brake and turn signals you need a five wire

the trailer harness will be something you plug in , actually you unplug the harness on the bike and plug the trailer harness back into the bikes harness , also be sure you get a harness with an isolator , this runs the power to the trailer lights off the bikes battery directly , instead of tapping into the power at the connection , reason being , if you have a problem with the trailers lights , they wont mess up the bikes electronics

I have the mchitch , is a good hitch

JtB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts