Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not necessarily a troubleshooting question, pretty damn good at working with wires and electricity but since I got this 99 glide customized from prior owner and the wiring and accessories and the stupid led strips he used, it was a big damn rats nest of shitty wiring and that's a huge petpeeve of mine so im sorting through all the stuff, ripping out wiring im not using but have a few questions. one relay up front in front of the battery, the load size has green wire to and from. any idea what this would be? haven't traced the wires. also, rear of the batter, there is a rubber relay holder with 2 relays sitting in it, right in front of the rear fender, any idea what those 2 relays are??? im adding some 3 in 1 leds from customdynamics or whatever it is and will have to add the diode kit they have, got to figure out what size resistor I need or get the the no load relay and eliminate the resistors but not sure which one is for turn signals yet. planning on changing the front turns to led strips on the fairing.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
I don't have a 99 service manual so can't help with the wire colors, etc. but the relays should be for the following.

1 Brake Light Relay
1 Ignition Switch Relay
1 Starter Relay

My bet is the (2) Relays together are the Ignition and Starter Relays. Wish I could be of more help.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
One of the boxes may be the 30 or 40 amp breaker box. There has been cases of the breaker malfunctioning and some people will replace it with a 40 amp fuse.
There is a ECM relay under the seat too.
If the bike has a alarm there may be a relay for that under the seat too
The brake light relay and ignition relay is located under the left side cover by the fuse box.
It has been a long time since I looked at the wiring diagrams on the older FLT so you should look in a 99 service manual to make sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts