Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a new cam Fuel Moto collaborated with Woods on, has anyone installed this on a 107 M8 motor?

At this time, I got a Stage 1 (Arlen Ness Method Clear A/C, S&S MK45, and DynoJet PV from FM), but planning out my Stage 2 this fall (FM 2-1-2 header, MoCo's latest oil pump, maybe auto tuner, and the 22X or 22X-E cam) and would like more info on this 22X-E cam vs the regular WM8-22X.

I noticed that in some charts there is a small dip with the 22X around the 3K-3.5K RPM range, wondering if the 22X-E eliminates that dip. Can't afford a Stage 3 now and I love my S&S MK45s so wondering if it is the 22X cam or the S&S slip-ons. If it is the Slip-ons, wondering if FM Dynamic Exhaust Tuning Inserts would eliminate the dip.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looks like a very healthy cam bye those graphs... I’m thinking it should work well for your setup in stage 2 form...

·
Registered
542 Posts
I called FuelMoto and discussed this same scenario with them. Since I was staying with my 107 with no plans to go bigger they suggested I stay with the 22X. I am running a catless exhaust with
SE street cannons and a SE Heavy Breather. If I had a 114 and or going to stage 3 then the 22X-E would be better. I am happy staying at stage 2 with the 22X cam. I went with the S&S cam plate/oil pump and the wood lifters and adj pushrods. I already had the powervision, so fuelmoto emailed me a new MAP. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Lu I have a bone to pick with you, this stupid thread has cost me a lot $$$. LOL!!!

Seriously, congrats to you for taking the plunge! I am sure the boys at fuel moto will take good care of you and I can think of no better reason for a road trip!

I have been following both this thread and yours on the other forum on the WM8-22XE and your thread about your trip to fuel moto.

I have also been waiting patiently for my factory warranty to expire and in about a month it will. I have been searching cams for a replacement for my stage 3 107-114 kit. I have been looking at a lot of cams but thanks to you and this latest from fuel moto, the 22XE won out.

I look forward to your feedback and review after you upgrades and road trip.
297B02D8-CE7A-436D-83F3-9DF15B2463E9.jpeg

·
Registered
540 Posts
This is almost worth pulling my 475 out for. Looks like it comes in a lot quicker down low

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lu I have a bone to pick with you, this stupid thread has cost me a lot $$$. LOL!!!

Seriously, congrats to you for taking the plunge! I am sure the boys at fuel moto will take good care of you and I can think of no better reason for a road trip!

I have been following both this thread and yours on the other forum on the WM8-22XE and your thread about your trip to fuel moto.

I have also been waiting patiently for my factory warranty to expire and in about a month it will. I have been searching cams for a replacement for my stage 3 107-114 kit. I have been looking at a lot of cams but thanks to you and this latest from fuel moto, the 22XE won out.

I look forward to your feedback and review after you upgrades and road trip.
View attachment 417243
you're welcome :p ...let me know when you want me to waste your money on shocks......and wheels....and :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm surprised that the thread in the other forum has so many views and posts....even though I have talked to FM twice now and both times they recommended the 22X to me. I hope when I drop my bike off at FM next month, I am able to meet and talk to Jamie, the owner of FM, and he can put my mind at ease that the 22X is the better choice due to my riding style and combination.

In the back of my mind I still think I should go 22X-E....because if I have no choice but to do major work on the engine down the road, 3-5 years, I will take that opportunity to get FMs 124 big bore kit (instead of rebuilding the 107 stock engine)....and I don't have to worry about getting another cam if I already have the 22X-E. Although, If I'm upgrading to a big bore, I'll have to upgrade other components as well (clutch, throttle body, etc..), putting in a new cam is the least of my worries at that point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts