Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overall, it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be! I am about as incompetent as they come in regards to wiring. Just follow Donks write up, take your time, double check everything along the way and it will all come together. I broke the process up over 3 days and I think that helped a great deal. So far I'm really happy with the bars and how they feel. Heading out on a day trip so I'll let ya know how it is after the ride. Thanks to everyone for their help on this forum. Definitely made a daunting task go very smoothly. Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just for reference these bars required no extension of any kind! And the wires pulled through very smoothly. In fact, that was one of the quickest parts of the install.

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
beboweb, the bars are fantastic. With the stock bars, I couldn't ride but for 45 minutes before needing to get off and stretch my back. Threw these on, did some adjusting, and the wife and I took off. We ended up being gone from 11-6 (few sight seeing stops). Majority of the time was on the bike. I think the longest stretch was close to an hour and a half, and had VERY little discomfort. Now just gotta send the seat off to get worked and I think I'll be much happier with my shark.

· Registered
492 Posts
Congrats on the new bars. Its like riding a whole new bike when you're actually comfortable and have no neck or back pain. Enjoy.:cool:

· Registered
2012 RGU vivid black
1,589 Posts
Those bars rock that's what I run I just wish I'd went with the 14s I just installed another set for RawDawg last week I think it took 2hours or less from start to finish they get easier every time

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Moose, I tossed around the idea of 14s, but didn't want to hassle with the extensions. The 12s are working out so far though, very comfortable to ride now! And I agree, these bars were easy to wire, and that's coming from someone who has only done it once!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.