Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed a Woods TW6-6 Cam in my 2010 Glide and went from a PCV to Direct Link. The exhaust sounds alot deeper and louder and the bike has alot of get up and go. The cam and dyno tune increased my HP by 17.86 and tq by 11.47.

96"
D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1
Ness Big Sucker
Direct Link
Dyno tuned by The Dyno Difference in Dallas, Tx

89.4 HP
94.1 TQ

The red line is before using a PCV
The blue line is after the Direct Link install and dyno tune.
Before the Cam install and Direct Link dyno tune I had 71 HP & 84 TQ.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is some huge gains! I'm interested in finding out more about the Direct Link...can you tell me how it works, and is it a D.I.Y. tool, or something you need to tune on the dyno?
Many Thanks!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Im also running the Woods TW6-6 cams. They really wake things up. I have Rhinehart slip ons on true duals w/ 80.82 hp, and 92.21 lbs of torque. I also run a 325 cfm air filter, which helps with things. However, youll need to extend your floorboards out to keep things comfortable.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is some huge gains! I'm interested in finding out more about the Direct Link...can you tell me how it works, and is it a D.I.Y. tool, or something you need to tune on the dyno?
Many Thanks!
I don't know much about direct link myself. It is similar to a Race Tuner as I understand it. It is not a do-it-yourself. Here is a link www.technoresearch.com

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice gains SANCHO. Looks like money well spent.Does that kind of increase change the effectiveness of the gearbox? I bet that gets ride of the 6th gear lugging!
Not really. I had it dynoed tuned at www.thedynodifference.com in Dallas, Tx. He told me not to run below 2500 rpm. At 2700 rpm I'm doing 70 so I'm not going into 6th until about 65-70 mph. If I twist the throttle at 70 in 6th gear I'm doing 80 by the time I look at the speedo.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I changed the baffle in my fat cat from the concentric baffle to the perforated wrapped and had it re-tuned. Got a nicer curve on the dyno sheet. 88.5 HP 98.9 TQ. I lost .9 HP but gained 4.4 TQ. Bike runs alot smoother.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nice Torque curve, I like the way it climbs all the way to 4000rpm. That would suit the way about 90% of riders run thier bikes.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Those are the cams that Frank at Drago's bikeworks suggested for the upgrade I'm thinking about doing. People around here have always used Andrews,.. but I see nothing but good things said about the Woods T6

1 - 9 of 9 Posts