Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Roadglide FLTR with a Mikuni 42, 12" Yaffe Monkey bars, I purchased a set of steel braided throttle cables, clutch cable and front and rear brake cables.

The throttle cables that they sent to me are a perfect length 4 over stock however, the inner cables are a 1/2 too long, the outer cable length is perfect.

So, I send these back to the manufacturer, they told me if I can get them there by Wed I can have them back by the weekend, cool.

I spend $30 to mail from California to them overnight, they get them Tuesday Morning, I call Wed afternmoon thinking they are on the way back, they dont even know they have them.....lol so here's the clincher for me.
I have sent probaly a dozen people to these folks that have purchased complete cable sets from them, they charged me $10 per cable to shorten them and $18 to ship them back.....lol.
Do you feel they were justified in charging me.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Honestly yes, but I disagree with the shipping thats outrageous for a cable. Can they track the people you sent to them? If so and it was me I would have dont it for free. Customer loyalty is important with me though. I give out discounts all the time to people that refer or come back just because I appreciate them doing so. But if they dont track then thats a different story.

Now the other question is was it a kit you bought from them? If it was and you didnt order the length then they shouldnt charge you anything or did something like free shipping..

Just my 2 cents
Remember you asked lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly yes, but I disagree with the shipping thats outrageous for a cable. Can they track the people you sent to them? If so and it was me I would have dont it for free. Customer loyalty is important with me though. I give out discounts all the time to people that refer or come back just because I appreciate them doing so. But if they dont track then thats a different story.

Now the other question is was it a kit you bought from them? If it was and you didnt order the length then they shouldnt charge you anything or did something like free shipping..

Just my 2 cents
Remember you asked lol
It was their stock length off of their WEB page for my year carbureted bike, the FLTRI is the injected Version.
Not trying to make a big deal just a bit pissed at the customer service ethic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts