Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all--Really sick of the stock seat. I'd really like to be a bit lower and back. I took out a RG with a HD "Tallboy" seat. I was lower and back, but it was hard as a rock. Saw a La Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs seat that purports to do what I want. Anyone use that seat, or recommend another one that would do what I need? I'm 6'1 ish around 275 if that makes a difference. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,816 Posts
Edit; In your case, your inseam measurement may be the most important. Sounds like you may be a long legged 6"1" and 275lbs. There are going to be lots of suggestions but whenever you can "try" a seat, I think you should and give them at least a day's worth of riding, get your comfort in the saddle perfect first, then you may have to switch up your windshield next."

After a long exhaustive search; for me, my Corbin seat was the only way to go. I fought it for a long time, tried several different Harley seats, stock touring seat, stock FLTRX seat, HD Hammock and a HD Sundowner, sent 2 seats away to have work done to them, test road Tall boy seats. The hammock was about the best of all the HD seats to fit me but it still didn't let me ride all day without discomfort.

Finally broke down and bit the bullet and custom ordered a Corbin solo seat built to my specs, weight, height, shorter inseam so it was little narrower in the front and I love it. A Corbin seat is like Chuck Norris, you break your ass into a Corbin seat, seriously it does take aboot a 1000 miles to get it broke in properly but now, what a seat. I wouldn't go back. Adding up all the money I spent on other seats, modifications to those seats, shipping them back and forth for modifications etc, the Corbin was cheap for a custom seat.

If it just you, I recommend the solo tour. If you travel two up, the Corbin Dual Tour, lots of options for customization and heat as well.

I don't recommend buying a used Corbin seat, they are custom and the used seat may have been made for completely different dimensions than your personal ones.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
If you can find a CVO Seat, well worth it - I rock one off a '15 SG CVO and rode about 2500+ miles for SW and was on the bike everyday for over a week and never once felt uncomfy - It sits back and down about an inch in both directions and IMHO, looks killer

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
If you can find a CVO Seat, well worth it - I rock one off a '15 SG CVO and rode about 2500+ miles for SW and was on the bike everyday for over a week and never once felt uncomfy - It sits back and down about an inch in both directions and IMHO, looks killer
This. However, it does bring up the question as to whether the OP needs a one piece two up seat, or whether he is willing to go with a solo and passenger pillion.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
This. However, it does bring up the question as to whether the OP needs a one piece two up seat, or whether he is willing to go with a solo and passenger pillion.
True - They Beauty of the '15 SG CVO is its a 2 piece so you can rock solo or keep the Pillion on - Not like the RG CVO that is of an Ultra type

·
Registered
960 Posts
HD Badlander. I've used a couple of them and love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mean City Cycles will customize your seat for your inseam and weight. Just tell the what you want as far as back and lower. They can put memory foam and or gel. I went with memory front and back and I love it. A lot cheaper than replacing the seat and it customized for you. Good folks fast turn around.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Edit; In your case, your inseam measurement may be the most important. Sounds like you may be a long legged 6"1" and 275lbs. There are going to be lots of suggestions but whenever you can "try" a seat, I think you should and give them at least a day's worth of riding, get your comfort in the saddle perfect first, then you may have to switch up your windshield next."

After a long exhaustive search; for me, my Corbin seat was the only way to go. I fought it for a long time, tried several different Harley seats, stock touring seat, stock FLTRX seat, HD Hammock and a HD Sundowner, sent 2 seats away to have work done to them, test road Tall boy seats. The hammock was about the best of all the HD seats to fit me but it still didn't let me ride all day without discomfort.

Finally broke down and bit the bullet and custom ordered a Corbin solo seat built to my specs, weight, height, shorter inseam so it was little narrower in the front and I love it. A Corbin seat is like Chuck Norris, you break your ass into a Corbin seat, seriously it does take aboot a 1000 miles to get it broke in properly but now, what a seat. I wouldn't go back. Adding up all the money I spent on other seats, modifications to those seats, shipping them back and forth for modifications etc, the Corbin was cheap for a custom seat.

If it just you, I recommend the solo tour. If you travel two up, the Corbin Dual Tour, lots of options for customization and heat as well.

I don't recommend buying a used Corbin seat, they are custom and the used seat may have been made for completely different dimensions than your personal ones.

Calgaryglide
Lol--would you take the Corbin off if you got another bike? They are expensive. I just would want to test a few out. Only problem is I'd have to go to a rally like Sturgis to see them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wife wants to be comfy too so I'd have to go with a 2 up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I can't find one of these for the life of me.

Does the MoCo sell them?

·
Super Moderator
1,816 Posts
Lol--would you take the Corbin off if you got another bike? They are expensive. I just would want to test a few out. Only problem is I'd have to go to a rally like Sturgis to see them.
Hell Yeah I would keep it. Actually I am thinking of buying a second set of mounting hardware from Corbin. I am thinking of a second bike again, an ex police road king, to ride for training/precision competition purposes. I also will most likely take the seat and hardware on my next fly n ride, most likely as a carry on, that's how much I like it.

Calgaryglide

Reactions: sh1520

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
I can't find one of these for the life of me.

Does the MoCo sell them?
Yes - Check with the Parts Guys - SG CVO Seat (not cheap) - They changed the style a bit from the '15 I have but go into any shop that has a new SG CVO on the floor and have a seat

·
Registered
6,555 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
True - They Beauty of the '15 SG CVO is its a 2 piece so you can rock solo or keep the Pillion on - Not like the RG CVO that is of an Ultra type
I love my Mustang for long rides...but I think Im going to find one of these and see how it is...my Mustang solo moves back, and up a touch...might be nice to "ride in" the bike...anyone close to DC got one I can try?...lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
I couldn't rest my heel on the floor boards and work the foot brake at the same time with the stock seat. I bought the Corbin Classic solo and installed the extended brake and shifter linkage. Works much better now. I have riden several 1,000 mile days on this setup.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts