Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd toss this out to more experienced riders for input.

I just added a Fullsac DX head pipe to my bike. I already have CFR slip-ons and a moco tuner map on it. I didn't want to keep taking the bike back to the dealer to dyno every time something gats added, so I ordered the Power Vision from Fuel Moto. It's on the way, but in the meantime, some friends are heading out for a 300-400 mile ride and I'm itching to go along.

Would you ride the bike before the new map is loaded? If so, what would you expect with the more open exhaust flow?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Personally, I would ride the shit out of it. Maybe I am just lucky, but I have nearly 80K miles on my bike and it has never been on a dyno for tuning. I have changed pipes and air cleaners several times over the years. I don't ride it wide open and there is a canned map from fuel moto when I bought the PCV, but that is it. Someday I may get it tuned as I know there is power left to be had, but it has not given me any problems so far. Unless your current tune is right on the edge of destruction to sap ever ounce of power out, just changing the pipe is not going to do much. (Disclaimer: This is the internet, you get what you pay for in advice...LOL).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
prob not. but how does it ride now without the map? You should be able to run around town for a few miles and get a feel for it.
I haven't ridden it yet (just installed the head pipe last night). I'll take it out today for a few miles and get that feel. Anything in particular I should be looking out for, besides the obvious things like backfiring, popping, etc?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I would put a tune on it before heading out on a long trip and I say that only because when I put my fullsac x pipe (C model) on my CVO (minus tune) I had a wicked accel/decel pop that occurred everytime I pulled the clutch in to shift gears. Pop pop pop pop pop. I don't think it'd do any harm riding normal but for me it was more embarrassing than anything else.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I would put a tune on it before heading out on a long trip and I say that only because when I put my fullsac x pipe (C model) on my CVO (minus tune) I had a wicked accel/decel pop that occurred everytime I pulled the clutch in to shift gears. Pop pop pop pop pop. I don't think it'd do any harm riding normal but for me it was more embarrassing than anything else.
Concur. I had horrible decel pop. Loud, annoying. Also, the bike was difficult to start sometimes and when it did it was like a big explosive pop out the back. Scared the snot outta me even when i knew it was coming. good tune got rid of everything...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took her out for about a 30 mile ride this afternoon and, with the exception of a very minor and intermittent decel pop, everything sounded great. Love the vicious exhaust note she now has under acceleration. I can't really perceive a power gain, but maybe that'll come when I get the Fuel Moto PV map in.

Agree totally on the dealer dyno recommendations. That was the main reason I bit the bullet and anted up for the Power Vision. Tracking says I'll have it tomorrow so I should be good to go by this weekend! :D

By the way - Anyone need a practically new moco SE tuner?

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Ride it. Just go easy and youll be fine. And by easy i mean dont beat the living shit out of it. My guy at the dealer i use told me the bike computer will adjust to a certain degree. Ride it and have a good time

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm interested if the price is right. Is it the street tuner or the race tuner? I would assume the SEST if it was CVO stock.
Hey Kevin - Sorry for the slow response. It's been crazy here for a few months and I haven't been checking in very often.

At any rate, if you're still interested, I think the tuner is called a "race tuner". I've got a couple pics uploaded so you can see the labeling.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts