Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just got a new Fat Bob 114. He's got more money then cent's. He had a base line Dyno done. 83HP an 105TQ. My RG had a base line of 80HP an 100TQ. What is wrong with this picture. 7more CI an that's all WoW. Dam Harley what are you doing to us.

·
Registered
92 Posts
What's wrong with this picture

I would ask, when does the power/Tq come in and how long does it stay on both bikes. The numbers can be deceiving. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Here is something to think about. With all the EPA stuff I would bet the M8 is choked. They "Maybe" see more gain with a pipe and muffler setup than a TC.
Just something to think about.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The 114 is a great motor. The torque is not a curve, it is flat, right from idle. If you get a chance, ride a Heritage.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Ive done hurt a couple of peoples feelings with their 114's with my 103. Im honestly not real impressed with the M8 114.
Ive raced from a dig to 80mph roll ons. I just don't think the numbers are there. 107's and 110's are running in the 120's hp and tq. Im sure in the next couple of years those numbers are going to start climbing. The metrics have been pushing higher numbers for 20 plus years.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
lots of variables here.
used to help out at a dyno shop and you'd be surprised at the numbers from "hi-performance" engines.
if you take it to a local independent dyno shop they will open up a lot of "hidden" performance characteristics.
assembly line bikes just aren't finely tuned.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Emissions certification is done by weight. As in grams per mile of what come out the tail pipe.

So a 107 and a 114 that both put out the same amount of emissions would not have the same fuel mapping. The 114 would either have a map that was more lean, or be geared to turn less revolutions per mile. So on two engines that vary basically only in displacement the hp/ci ratio will be better on the smaller engine.

With the numbers the OP posted, the smaller 107 is making .74 HP per inch. The 114 is making .72hp per inch.

As long as the engines are EPA compliant, this will always be the case with engines that vary only in displacement. And short of making some really product altering changes, the only option the MoCo has is to add inches.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The 114" is a great motor IF it has the right cams and IF it is tuned properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts