Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Monotube kit installed last week and WOW!!! What an upgrade over the oem springs. The biggest difference, or should I say improvement is no more front brake dive. It gives you way more controll and stability when coming to a sudden stop and you find yourself using your front brake alot more than you use to. Bumps dont even feel them, way smoother and not as harsh as stock. I put the standard kit in (part#31-2500) with both c-clips in. Im a little big boned at 260lbs and the kit is perfect. Cant imagine riding a glide without them. Im also waiting for thier new 944's to be released sometime soon and am going throw those bad boys on the rear and have one sweet handling machine. I say if any of you guys are thinking about putting the monotube kit in, stop thinking and do it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thats good to hear, I installed the 940's and the monotubes but waiting on paint to come back on other parts before i can try it out. Cant wait! Hope it rides like everyone says...

·
Registered
614 Posts
I agree, Im runing stock height monotubes with 2 clips, and 940 with the lighter spring intalled and preload at 2.5 turns , I weigh 210 lbs but IMO the ride is great , much improved

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I'm very impressed with mine as well. I did the lowered version which ended up a bit lower than I thought I wanted, but it seems to be working just fine and looks great. Most expansion joints have now just gone away and larger bumps are much less noticeable, pls it handles awesome. I'm pleased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts