Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the low price of 40,540.00:eek:
like the saddle bag release.big improvement. the back rest for passenger is solid versus flapper on mine tunes sound better . told the wife if they give me 15g for mine and drop the price to 37g I may do it.
then she said it was time to leave :confused:

· Registered
878 Posts
I thought you were serious from thread name, glad your wife has the right sense. I will never pay 30-40K for a bike (then I said I would never pay 20K and I did)....I respect those with the spare cash to buy the CVO, you've done well in life. The RG was the only bike i ever financed (paid for now) after riding for 47 years. Not sure I will ever finance another bike.

· Premium Member
7,793 Posts
Yes it is ,but way over priced and loaded up with a style I would not like. But I have been tempted by it.
With the likely hood there may not be a RGU in August I am looking for options. I am ready to trade my 2013 RGU off but do not really want to go back to a batwing.

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
........ yes they are ....... but they don't come w/ fishin' pole holders ;)
:D..............yep. had already decided to take off the bag crash bars before trade in as they were add ons anyway:p

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just don't want to start all over on a new bike yet. I would love some of the new "stuff." I just don't want to pay for it.
that's my wifes thinking as we just paid off the 2011.

· Registered
94 Posts
What are your guys opinions on the new 15' CVO in general?

I have a 13' CVO that I purchased used. When I saw the new 15's, I was unimpressed by the color combinations and appearance of the bike. A couple of examples that I like on the 13' CVO that didn't carry over to the 15' is the half chrome/ half blacked out motor. 13' has the extended saddle bags that seem to form and flow over the top of the exhaust mufflers. The 15' saddlebags just seem to sit on top of the mufflers.

Maybe I'm just a little biased because I own a 13', but IMHO I think the colors are better and the overall bike just flows better for the 13'. Anyone else feel the same?

flea

· Registered
6,713 Posts

I have a 13' CVO that I purchased used. When I saw the new 15's, I was unimpressed by the color combinations and appearance of the bike. A couple of examples that I like on the 13' CVO that didn't carry over to the 15' is the half chrome/ half blacked out motor. 13' has the extended saddle bags that seem to form and flow over the top of the exhaust mufflers. The 15' saddlebags just seem to sit on top of the mufflers.

Maybe I'm just a little biased because I own a 13', but IMHO I think the colors are better and the overall bike just flows better for the 13'. Anyone else feel the same?

flea
You're comparing the '15 Ultra to the '13 Custom. Lots of differences in looks and ride. They don't do stretched bags on Ultras and the paint is more subdued. IMO, they build the Ultra as a touring bike and the Custom as more of a day tripper that can also be used as a touring bike with a few add ons.

· Premium Member
853 Posts

flea
no doubt about it...the 13 and the 09 are my favorites

· Registered
59 Posts
I saw a couple this weekend, but I price tag is enough to scare me away. Although, I may be tempted for a skunk...

· Registered
1,427 Posts
Sticker price I've seen around here is around $41,500. Plus tax and whatnot.

I like some things about them. Even if I could afford it I'm not sure I would. Ah heck, yeah I probably would, but that kinda money is out of the question for me.

I do suspect there will be a '16 RGU. There's a demand, and HD wants your money.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.