Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
What was bad was, they mentioned that the Indian was pretty much not even ridden that much or played with during the last year.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
In hind-site it looked like the Indian chilled out and drafted until the end.
Veteran Race Craft right there.....hit P2, watch where the leader is fast and slow...learn where you can pass.....make it happen at the end giving them not a chance to pass back

O'hara is a better racer for sure...

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I have no clue why S & S went with Indian. A new opportunity to branch out into new business is the only reason that I can see. I thought they and HD were in bed together.....

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
855 Posts
Definitely some skilled riders making it happen. Tough to compete with a liquid cooled motor, have to compensate with displacement. It looked like the Indian's traction control was kicking in at the start.lol

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Everyone keeps saying great race........I must have missed it.
What I saw was one HD and 2 Indians out there making fast laps

·
Registered
534 Posts
S&S going with Indian is because the water cooled engine will always be hard for HD to catch. It can rev higher and run harder than the air cooled v twin.

The 5 entries is because Moto America is doing a money grab. Big entry fees no purse. Most of the teams from last year are over at bagger racing league now. They are taking the concept and cranking it to 11.

Reactions: ksbutler44

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
S&S going with Indian is because the water cooled engine will always be hard for HD to catch. It can rev higher and run harder than the air cooled v twin.

The 5 entries is because Moto America is doing a money grab. Big entry fees no purse. Most of the teams from last year are over at bagger racing league now. They are taking the concept and cranking it to 11.

Thanks for sharing that. I never heard of it.

·
Registered
500 Posts

It looks like they are using that same rules as far as engine displacement. I'm surprised they are allowing the Harleys a 135 pound weight advantage though.
Will these races be televised or pay per view?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
855 Posts
Everyone keeps saying great race........I must have missed it.
What I saw was one HD and 2 Indians out there making fast laps
Great race as far as the top two riders fighting it out, definitely some skill over the rest of the so called competition.

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
534 Posts
It looks like they are using that same rules as far as engine displacement. I'm surprised they are allowing the Harleys a 135 pound weight advantage though.
Will these races be televised or pay per view?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I learned it listening to the Fast Life Podcast. He did two podcasts one with Alloy Arts and another with Shred Moto Co owner talking about it. It was an interesting look inside some of the thinking. They said they will be televised but no details yet.

Reactions: ksbutler44

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
1,055 Posts
From what I understand the races are open to anyone that has the money to enter, but the top two teams have pro superbike riders.
You should enter... I can hear the announcers now..." and bringing up the rear, known to many as the 'sweep' position, is Grumblez AZ Marlin, no relation to Nascar legend Sterling Marlin, riding a true bagger in this wild and crazy race!"

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
You should enter... I can hear the announcers now..." and bringing up the rear, known to many as the 'sweep' position, is Grumblez AZ Marlin, no relation to Nascar legend Sterling Marlin, riding a true bagger in this wild and crazy race!"
Will you be my sponsor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep!, I'd get back to watching racing if this takes root. They need to have a come as you are racing too. For the normal "Joes" once a year. That would be fun to watch.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Lets not forget about the side-car class!! 2-up and side car.....that's where the action is at!!

Reactions: Smokey

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Great race as far as the top two riders fighting it out, definitely some skill over the rest of the so called competition.
Looked like qualifying for the pole to me
NO DOUBT about the riders skill.....

Guess my old ass, remembers motorcycle races where, anyone in the top 5 could win and the top 10 were competitive

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Guess my old ass, remembers motorcycle races where, anyone in the top 5 could win and the top 10 were competitive
This right here is why I fell in love with GP Racing in the old 2 Stoke Days.....the 125s and 250s were all about corner speed and balls enough not to let off the gas with a master class in drafting and in any corner, there could be 3 lead changes

Like these old gems: (oh that 2 stroke sound)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts