Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chief Joseph hwy to Bear Tooth hwy to Red Lodge Montana! UNBELIEVABLE!!! I know this should be on my 2016 road trip thread....but......WOW!!!! Coffee & a sandwich and my head is still reading! My wife made it to the cabin in Big Sky; I'm still at least 3 hrs away. But grateful to God for ALL OF THIS! Weather is perfect, riding is "Gliding" & .......ok, I'll shut up now. Pics later! Thanks to all that made suggestions & gave advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Thats a great ride. Been on it a few times myself. Funny, I was just talking to a co-worker about it today! Ride safe & enjoy yourself!

Lil Chief

·
Registered
594 Posts
my group will ride beartooth on the way home from the rally.we will spend the nite in redlodge and roll early.jerome cottonwood sedona az is another repeat ride

·
Registered
18 Posts
Chief Joseph hwy to Bear Tooth hwy to Red Lodge Montana! UNBELIEVABLE!!! I know this should be on my 2016 road trip thread....but......WOW!!!! Coffee & a sandwich and my head is still reading! My wife made it to the cabin in Big Sky; I'm still at least 3 hrs away. But grateful to God for ALL OF THIS! Weather is perfect, riding is "Gliding" & .......ok, I'll shut up now. Pics later! Thanks to all that made suggestions & gave advice.

^^^^^^This is awesome!

I remember my first time over BTP...I'll never forget it. 2003 on my '01 Fatboy (Black Betty)... Bet I've been over 20 times since then and it never gets old.

Sorry I forget to mention Chief Joseph...also a great ride. Cool switchbacks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Looks good with all that snow. Was lucky enough to go over the Beartooth twice last summer of different trips......so awesome up there. Now if you can do the Going to Sun highway...............
What he said.. No more awesome road has ever been made. It was actually considered impossible for a while. Like I said before. Bring a camera, you'll need it. East Glacier is pretty impressive as well. I was towing a trailer, so I was forced to go through Browning. Not a good experience at all. But we got to East Glacier just fine. Awesome views. for you folks on the east coast, you have no idea what your missing out here in the West.:wink:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^^^^This is awesome!

I remember my first time over BTP...I'll never forget it. 2003 on my '01 Fatboy (Black Betty)... Bet I've been over 20 times since then and it never gets old.

Sorry I forget to mention Chief Joseph...also a great ride. Cool switchbacks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Riding in western U.S. Is so different, makes me want to move! Next time I hope to do it w/o all my camping gear. But was still a fantastic experience!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got into redlodge early so got to go up and come back down the 1st day. Enjoyed a buffalo burger and shake at the red caboose.

The next day went up and over into Yellowstone.

Watch the tar snakes.
So that's what that was :confused:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats a great ride. Been on it a few times myself. Funny, I was just talking to a co-worker about it today! Ride safe & enjoy yourself!

Lil Chief
Thanks man, I'm having the time of my life!0:)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good with all that snow. Was lucky enough to go over the Beartooth twice last summer of different trips......so awesome up there. Now if you can do the Going to Sun highway...............
Have had 3 people tell me Going to the Sun is still closed but I am definitely going to check w/ MT dot

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have had 3 people tell me Going to the Sun is still closed but I am definitely going to check w/ MT dot
Just checked the national parks service and road is still being plowed.....a fairly big section to go yet. But you can get in from both ends for about 15 miles each side. it is usually around mid June before they open it up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts