Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.........not a road glide but I'm sure this might help some folks on the fence.

I purchased an aftermarket razor pak and added an aftermarket wraparound backrest pad to it. I had to modify the lower portion by pulling the vinyl back and cutting off the excess plastic and foam and then re-staple. Reason for doing this is originally they are only meant for Chopped or King TPs and the lower portion goes too deep for a Razor TP. Pretty easy modification though.

Anyways, I know its not to the liking of everyone and I'm kind of split on it but I know it's more comfortable for the better half and she does a lot of riding with me, especially on the long trips. I built this machine for eating miles so.....yeah, but I don't think it looks too bad. Of course the smaller pad looks more streamlined.

This is a good compromise of me not wanting a full size KTP (had one and I packed way too much crap and I don't think they look very good on Road Kings because the lack of a fairing) but her getting her wraparound option again.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Looks Great Paul!
Which Brand of TP did You go with?
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks Great Paul!
Which Brand of TP did You go with?
Mike U.
Mike, I took a chance and ordered one off of Amazon from someone who went by TMNC or something like that. I paid right at 299.99 with the small pad. I already had the rack from my old road glide.

I knew going in it what I might get but they did accept returns so I didn't feel too bad being out the shipping.........I'll tell you, I'm pleasantly happy with the results. It turned out to be a pretty decent razor pak. Even if I wanted OEM, MOCO doesn't appear to make them anymore.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is exactly what I want to do on my chopped , what pad is that?
I purchased it off ebay, again taking a chance, and turned out to be decent. The vinyl is thinner than the OEM wraparound backrest but that part doesn't get too much abuse.

Be sure to order depending on your year style tour pak. The newer versions are wider. Also I could be mistaken but with a chopped you won't need to modify the lower portion like I did for this razor pak.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great Paul, you got that King hooked up very nice
^Thanks.

I have to say I have never seen that done before but yeah IMO it looks great.

Great Looking RoadKing Man

Congrats

Swomack
Thanks. I've only seen one other time and the picture was as small as an avatar but I could tell it wasn't a chopped pak with that kind of backrest. I emailed the guy on HDforums.com and turns out he did it on a razor pak on a new 2018 CVO Streetglide. Once I saw it a little clearer I knew that was the route I was going.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Added this luggage rack to the razor pak. It is a knock off of the Metalsports rack that I use to have on my road glide but I can't seem to find them anymore and at $69.00 I said "what the hell", so I bought it. It came in a raw aluminum finish and appears it was cut out using a punch die hence the stress marks on the edges. So I filed and sanded those down (was not hard or time consuming in all honesty) and then I powder coated it black. For the savings, the lack of availability of the original this turned out to be a rather good deal.

I bought the rack from Fairing Factory website for $69.00 shipped.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts