Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone pulled the baffle on a fatcat muffler and wrapped it ? I have the baffle that is unwrapped. Would like to eliminate some of the tinny sound it has and raspiness. Not sure if it can be done or if I need to replace.anyone try this?

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,476 Posts
No I have not but the D&D baffles are fairly easy to remove from what I have read. If you have found guys that have tried this and say it can't be done then it sounds like you have your answer. I'm the kind of guy that will take it out and see for myself most of the time though. Worst case scenario is that you will just have to buy the wrapped baffle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is no difference in the wrapped perforated Q baffle and the not-wrapped perforated baffle on the Fatcats, other than the wrap. The QQ baffle is the smaller louvered baffle, and they all come wrapped. You can pull the non-wrapped perforated baffle and wrap it if you use the correct material. Most people just buy the Q wrapped perforated baffle, and if they want it a bit louder and with the higher tinny sound, they pull the baffle and take off the wrap. Fatcats are LOUD, it drowns out the jukebox on my RG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.