Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out on rt 66 on labor day, and had I run in with PAs excellent road work, well bad things happened.....me and my sweetheart will be ok, just some road rash and bruises. So...I'm waiting on the adjuster, to find out the fate of my RG...... I was thinking about doing the big front wheel this winter and bags next winter,,,,,my time line is greatly accelerated. .... I like top shop black death with viper cuts, also dirty birds top shelf, and azzkiker big merc. Anythoughts?

I want to do a 23 or 26 front wheel with a metal FL style fender...

We made it out pretty good, any and all thoughts would be appreciated....

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I am glad to hear that you were able to walk away but I can comment on PA's road work. Having taken many of their roads for SW4 I can say that I did not hit one road that was not under some tyoe of construction. Even some of the back roads taken to get to a restaurant had construction comes or barricades.

I would agree with OBB in staying away from Dirty Bird.

Good luck in your decisions.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Sorry to hear about your beauty (it's a damn fine lookin' bike!). More importantly, glad you and your girl are alright.

This is what I love about folks here: Wrecked Bike = UPGRADE TIME!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wouldnt have been too bad if there was cones or something, Appearantly that section of road was finished!! WTF?!?!

So no Dirty Bird, I can get the top shelf kit with viper cut outs so that i can retain my factory ride.... I am all for looks but if its a trailer queen its useless to me!!

Here are some pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
Sorry for your mishap. I hope you don't have state farm ins. I'm trying to deal with them now. Have a total loss. There offer is about half of what's real. Good luck to you!!!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Glad you and you gal are ok. Good luck with the upcoming mods. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Rowdy

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no I dont have state farm. When i worked at a harley dealer we learned that they dont pay up......

my coverages are $60,000 on motorcycle
$10,000 on accessories
$2,500 on gear
$50,000 on Em's medical bills
And rental / $45 per day for 30 days

We will see how good Dairyland really is now.....They have done a few for the shop without issues....but now its my baby....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
First off glad your both just scrapes and bruises . That pic of the road is all telling, if that is finnished they need a new set of glasses. The viper bags are great more storage and never had a problem in the corners. Looking forward to the new look

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,819 Posts
Make sure that the frame is checked thoroughly. Looks like you slid a fair distance and you mentioned that the bike did the flip-flop thing. Often the frame gets tweaked where the front crash bars attach to the frame. If the other side is as bad as the one in the pics, I'd be surprised if this wasn't a total. Glad you and your girl walked away. Sedona orange .... the sexiest factory color! (I may be slightly biased! ;) )

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
Glad to see you're ok. If there's no frame damage it definitely shouldn't be totaled. I'm biased towards Top Shop bags, great quality, fit, and service. Shop around, check all the forums, including Chopped Baggers on all the upgrades you want to do.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the adjuster hasnt been out yet, I will fight it being totalled the whole way, I have a good bit of money into that engine, and driveline, .......

before the accident I was planning on keeping the factory parts so that when i sell the bike i could remove the aftermarket, parts and bolt back on the factory.....

should i just let the shop fix it back to stock? or should i just put the after market on??? It will never be cheaper to upgrade than now I know since the insurance company is picking up most of the tab.......

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
no I dont have state farm. When i worked at a harley dealer we learned that they dont pay up......

my coverages are $60,000 on motorcycle
$10,000 on accessories
$2,500 on gear
$50,000 on Em's medical bills
And rental / $45 per day for 30 days

We will see how good Dairyland really is now.....They have done a few for the shop without issues....but now its my baby....
Don't know where you heard that , I have State Farm and did 14K in damage in July while on vacation , called them filed a claim , no accident report , came home got an estimate , emailed it to them along with photos , they approved and sent me a check , they never even looked at my bike

·
Registered
134 Posts
Glad to hear the both of you are alright. Have fun with the new direction you're going in. I plan on either tearing down and re-doing mine or selling it and getting a new project bike. Short neck, big wheel, long bags and sound system.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Sorry for your mishap. I hope you don't have state farm ins. I'm trying to deal with them now. Have a total loss. There offer is about half of what's real. Good luck to you!!!
State Farm screwed me years ago when my ex wrecked her car. I dumped their house, car and life policies after that and have only saved money and gotten much better service too. I just laugh at their TV ads showing their "great" service with their over paid agents making tons of money.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hey TLWiz. Unfortunately I have State Farm Ins and they are trying their best to screw me also. Going right to the bottom. They offered 12,525.82 for a total loss of a 2012 RG ultra with 61k hwy miles in excellent condition. Checked with Kelly Blue Book and NADA, aver price is approx 23,000. So far they won't accept these numbers. Must say that my agent seems to be trying to help me. Of course he knows there will be consequences as my entire family uses him. I am trying to remain positive.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts