Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the wrong key for there bike.I did now its stuck and won't come out. It is unlocked but it won't turn back enough to remove the key.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still there with lesson learned. The wife carries her own keys now and have to get a locksmith to remove it for me. The one who came to the hotel just picked the bar and switch locks on the wife's Fatboy so we were able to proceed home from Daytona.luckily it was our last day there.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Still there with lesson learned. The wife carries her own keys now and have to get a locksmith to remove it for me. The one who came to the hotel just picked the bar and switch locks on the wife's Fatboy so we were able to proceed home from Daytona.luckily it was our last day there.
Key your wifes bike with the same key as yours. (softail has fewer locks than the bagger)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Had that problem on my Fatboy once. Look carefully at the key and make sure that the barrel is not cracked or deformed. Mine had a small crack in it and caused it to hang and I couldn't get it out.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jiggled and wiggled with a calm head and finally got it out. I might have damaged some of the pins inside though.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Jiggled and wiggled with a calm head and finally got it out. I might have damaged some of the pins inside though.
That's how I got mine out. I didn't hurt any pins. You can get a locksmith to check for damage. You may want to replace the lock if you are concerned. I put my good key in and mine worked fine. I had a locksmith make me a good set and I tossed the bad one. I did pull the rubber HD cover off and put it one the new ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts