Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With out noticing that my buddy had bought the wrong oil we (meaning I) put Mobil 1 Syn 20W50 in his Engine and Tranny holes - NOT M1 VT 20W50 Syn!!

Whatdayathink - will it make a difference? Should we (once again I) drain it out and use the VT 20W50??

I didn't even check until I was throwing the bottles out and notice his were silver and mine were black. :eek:

·
Administrator
10,483 Posts
I wouldnt give it another thought till time to change it , I use the M1 15-50 FS with nary a problem ..

Most who really know their oils , whose opinions are highly respected amongst us ( like Donnie Peterson ) will say that VT specific is a fancy way to charge you more for the same oil ..

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool - this guy is my wife's friend and a Detective Sgt. - don't need to piss the Police off! Thanks guys - I can go to bed now. :D

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Don't worry about it man.. You should of seen some of the cocktails of oil I've thrown together back when I was a poor college kid on 2 wheels, that couldn't afford oil. They say you can't mix synthetic with conventional,.. never made a difference in my old Honda Magna :D I kind of used it like a math problem... if I had 20w50 of one brand, and 10w30 of another,.. mixed together I would have 15w40. Seemed logical at the time, and the bike didn't seem to care.

·
Registered
84 Posts
look at them again, I just picked up some 20/50 VT and it was in a silver bottle. I had to read the hole bottle to see if they had changed something.
looks like on change except for the bottle.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Don't worry about it man.. You should of seen some of the cocktails of oil I've thrown together back when I was a poor college kid on 2 wheels, that couldn't afford oil. They say you can't mix synthetic with conventional,.. never made a difference in my old Honda Magna :D I kind of used it like a math problem... if I had 20w50 of one brand, and 10w30 of another,.. mixed together I would have 15w40. Seemed logical at the time, and the bike didn't seem to care.
Too funny.

·
Registered
505 Posts
In this day and age, synthetic oil and dino oil can be mixed without any adverse side effects. I'd keep the grade the same though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts