Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine totaled his 2012 RGU 6 weeks ago (guy pulled out in front of him) he broke his right foot and was bruised pretty bad.

He has settled with his insurance co and has cash to spend. Big blue pearl is the preferred color but will consider others.

Send me a pm and I will get back with you.
Here is a pic of his RGU after the accident.

Thanks, John

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Glad your friend is OK - Bike photo is nasty.

Saw a new Big Blue 2013 RGU at HD in Louisville, KY when passing thru there last week. Think they wanted 22 or 23K for the bike.

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
First I'm glad your friend survived and still wants to ride. There have been a few RG's for good prices here in the classifieds lately, so besides the PM's, check the classifieds also.

·
Registered
348 Posts
WOW! And he got away with only a broken foot and banged up? Could have been so much worse. Glad for your friend to survive such a close call. Totaled mine out back in Apri lbut nothing like this. Hoo Rahhh for him wanting to get back on ASAP. He will most likely be easily spooked for a while but that will pass as he racks up the miles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A dealer here has a new 2013 for 20,500.00 plus tax, but that doesn't leave much money for pipes, cams, tuner and air filter. His bike had a dragula and Andrews 57's.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm pretty sure I know where that bike is. If I'm right, he wasn't asking much and you guys got a deal!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Road trip! We are going to pick it up Sunday, 2013 with only 4000 miles.

Thanks for all the pm's, My buddy is in physical therapy for his foot and should be good to go by spring time.
Hmm? I see that bike was re-listed... May I asked what happened??:confused:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Corrupted:
I just did a build on my 2012 RG, and I have a ton of take-off parts including a D&D 2:1 exhaust with hi-flo air cleaner. Sold the bags and rear fender already. Contact me...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm? I see that bike was re-listed... May I asked what happened??:confused:
A total cluster f**k. Paid cash for the bike trailered back to Michigan 420 miles, went to register it and State of Mi said there was a problem with the title.

Long story condensed, bike was bought new in Wisconsin Feb 2013, wrecked in Tennessee June 3013, sold through auction company brought back to Wisconsin with clear title and repaired.

State of Mi wont give clear title because it was sold at a salvage auction. We trailered bike back this past Wednesday and guy he gave us back money, said he had no clue, he took it in on trade on a custom bike he had built and had a clear title registered in his business name.

I guess its buyer beware, my friend is out gas money hotel room, food and drinks.

Life goes on. Still looking for a BBP Road Glide Ultra.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have been kicking around selling my RG, however it is a RGC. It is black and has matching detachable TP and vented lowers so it is pretty close to a RGU. Also has a mustang seat so its ready for touring. Just over 5K miles and 1 owner. I am in NE Indiana about 40 miles from MI line so it wouldn't be a 400+ mile trip. Let me know if it is something your buddy might be interested in.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
A total cluster f**k. Paid cash for the bike trailered back to Michigan 420 miles, went to register it and State of Mi said there was a problem with the title.

Long story condensed, bike was bought new in Wisconsin Feb 2013, wrecked in Tennessee June 3013, sold through auction company brought back to Wisconsin with clear title and repaired.

State of Mi wont give clear title because it was sold at a salvage auction. We trailered bike back this past Wednesday and guy he gave us back money, said he had no clue, he took it in on trade on a custom bike he had built and had a clear title registered in his business name.

I guess its buyer beware, my friend is out gas money hotel room, food and drinks.

My 2012 RGU in vivid black is still for sale and I would welcome an offer, if it interests him.

·
Registered
480 Posts

Wow, that sucks! :( Sorry to hear about the trouble!

That salvage stuff can be a sticky situation, part of the reason I didn't want to buy my RG back after my wreck. I will probably be looking for a replacement come Spring... Will have to remember to be cautious...

·
Registered
480 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts