Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if anyone has a amp mounting plate for the 13 and down. Needs to be in the fairing.

Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either side. Didnt know the amp model made a difference. Have the ss pn4.540

·
Registered
177 Posts
Either side. Didnt know the amp model made a difference. Have the ss pn4.540
That's going to be a tight fit on most of the amp mounts.. I have a RF 500W sub amp and it barely fits.. You'll have to modify the mounting no matter what you do.. However I got mine through Ebay. Got it in 2 days via the USPS... Crazy fast... I have 2 amps mounted.. one on either side... I'll post a pic of the sub one later tonight, I'm in the middle of installing it, so you see how big it is...

I'd most likely take a piece of 1/8" sheet aluminum from FleetFarm or Menards and cut it to fit the amp, and velcro it onto the side of the inner fairing. That's what I'd do if I hadn't already purchased the mount that doesn't fit.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've got a Soundstream 2ch. amp mounted with velcro in my fairing. Two strips of heavy duty velcro, and it hasn't budged since I've put it in.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've got a Soundstream 2ch. amp mounted with velcro in my fairing. Two strips of heavy duty velcro, and it hasn't budged since I've put it in.
Thanks for mentioning that Steel.. The reason for the alum is to cool... But I did have a HogTunes velcro'd to the factory HK unit and I almost broke it getting it loose yesterday!

-G

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks for mentioning that Steel.. The reason for the alum is to cool... But I did have a HogTunes velcro'd to the factory HK unit and I almost broke it getting it loose yesterday!

-G
Disregard my last, over. Lol! Sorry. Don't wanna see anything get broken.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Biketronics started making one. You can get it for right or left side 98-13. I have one, haven't installed it yet but I have it. Haha. It looks like a good piece though. I'm sure I'll be happy, I had a hard time getting by amp mounted in there and still ended up with a bulge in the side of the outer fairing. Anyways hopefully this helps.

1998 To 2013 Road Glide Amp Mount - Biketronics Inc

·
Registered
177 Posts
Biketronics started making one. You can get it for right or left side 98-13. I have one, haven't installed it yet but I have it. Haha. It looks like a good piece though. I'm sure I'll be happy, I had a hard time getting by amp mounted in there and still ended up with a bulge in the side of the outer fairing. Anyways hopefully this helps.
Is there anyway you could post a pic Anonymous?? I'd love to see how they setup the platform...

-G

·
Registered
376 Posts
Is there anyway you could post a pic Anonymous?? I'd love to see how they setup the platform...

-G
Well my bike is currently torn apart for paint. So I don't have anything to take a picture of! Haha. The link to Biketronics website has some photos on it that should fulfill your questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts