Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see them on ebay and Amazon for around $100.

I'm hoping somebody picked one up for a one time use project and is willing to let it go a little cheaper. I'll likely do the same after I'm done.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Check out MBS Manufacturing , they may have what you need at a reasonable price.
I've bought several Harley specific tools from them. High quality stuff at a good price.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
If you want to save money and won't be doing it all the time, go to Harbor Freight and buy a blind bearing pulling and use that to pull the inner cam bearings. Then install with a socket that fit the outside diameter of the cam bearings. The lettering on the bearing face outward, put assembly lube on the inside and outside of the bearings and drive them in just beyond flush. Look at the bearing before you pull them at the depth. There is a chamfer on the edge of the case where the bearing fit. They go flush with the inside edge of the chamfer. Good luck.

Edit: Better yet, go to the local auto parts store and they should have one you can use instead of buying the blind bearing puller.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I see them on ebay and Amazon for around $100.

I'm hoping somebody picked one up for a one time use project and is willing to let it go a little cheaper. I'll likely do the same after I'm done.
I rented the Cam bearing tools to install new cams in my bike last year from this guy. I think he is on this forum but can't remember. Here is his email address:

[email protected]

Great to deal with and fair rent.

Good luck.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts