Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my cigarette lighter - apparently it fell out on a ride. Wondering if any one has an extra or one they no longer use.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Here's a lil trick Youn'in....with pwr off (or batt disconnected depending on year) take a lil tool n spread out/in those 2 tangs on the inny part just so and the thingy will not fall out and still pops out when done. It'll keep it tight over bumps;)

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
boot hasn't mattered on mine, even in pouring rain, maybe better without cause boot holds water, short lenght or long check 1st, just pull one outta cage

·
Registered
103 Posts
Same happened to me. HD sells them for $40, but a buddie of mine gave me the one out of his old Saturn car. It fits perfect but doesn't pop out when it's heated. Just have to hold it in and count to 30!! Works like a charm. I think any car socket lighter will work for a lot less money.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I bought one of these ...

Aux Power Port

... because I wanted the connector, and this was the cheapest way to get one, already wired and ready to go. Since I had the lighter socket leftover, I swapped it for the lighter in the fairing the next time I took off the fairing.

Nice plug, seals tight, won't let rain in, and ... wait for it...

IT HAS THE $100.00 HARLEY LOGO ON IT!!! :cool:

Ok, if you really want a working lighter (not just a power socket to charge your phone), you can go to a Boating Supply store and get a nice stainless steel one that should work better than the el-cheapo that HD puts in there. Should hanging on to the lighter better, but it won't stop sticky fingers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i usually have my phone charger in mine but i bought a little billet
lighter at oreilly for like $6 that works fine..

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Robbed the lighter out of my car. On my newer Glide I still have the stock one. I find that if I give it an extra push in after using it it locks in place. I wouldn't spend $40 for one at Harley. At the Auto parts store they are probably $5 max.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
just get correct lenght for the socket, and as said tighting the innerts up if nec. have seen em bounce back with a near hit many a time in the past, since i've learned to work up a good lugi:eek:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the responses. I'll try an auto parts lighter and see if it stays in. At least I won't be out the money HD wants. I will also try the "spreading of the clips things". Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
FYI: Not sure if they were trying to sell you a gold plated version, but I just bought a stock one at the local dealer for $13 (and then promptly lost it within 100 miles).

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dropped mine while riding. I went back and picked it up but the case got bent out of shape. I've tried several from my trucks and the auto parts store but they have to be held in to work. I should just quit smoking lol

·
Banned
845 Posts
I have a stock one if someone needs it. The auto parts store cig lighters can blow the fuses easily so I wouldn't even try it out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts