Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt if anyone is willing to give theirs up for sale but I thought I would ask. I want to buy the windshield gasket that comes on the CVOs. If you are interested in selling me yours please PM your wanting price with the shipping to zip code: 23455.

Thank you

·
Registered
564 Posts
i too noticed the better quality than the standard seal. Can it be purchased new through parts or is it too outragous? How much?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Part 57660-09 $28, have to go back to 2009 to find it separate. I ordered one last week, should be in soon.
In 2009 the Screamer Eagle had a low (similiar to the 2010 and up custom but much better fit) very good fitted winshield and much heavier gasket on stock 2013. Are you refering to that fatty gasket on the stock 09? I havent seen this gasket that on the 2103 until the 2013 were released. Thanks, Pan

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the newer years the MOCO won't let you buy just the gasket, you have to buy the whole $370 windshield assembly cause it is CVO. Should have been a standard item on all of our bikes.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
For the newer years the MOCO won't let you buy just the gasket, you have to buy the whole $370 windshield assembly cause it is CVO. Should have been a standard item on all of our bikes.
Well, I sure do hope the '09 gasket will fit my '12 else I'll be selling it here. Was told it should fit. I'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had one of those from a 09 and wasnt able to make it work on the windvest. There is also a better quality than the stock custom winshield trim on the 2013 cvo.Nice fit, not as large but much better than the original. Have not tried one from the 2013 cvo yet. anyone notice it?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I had one of those from a 09 and wasnt able to make it work on the windvest. There is also a better quality than the stock custom winshield trim on the 2013 cvo.Nice fit, not as large but much better than the original. Have not tried one from the 2013 cvo yet. anyone notice it?
You have to buy the windshield too for the 2013, not shown as a separate part.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Installed it today. Fits fine, used new well nuts from Madstad which I recommend. They have a thick shoulder instead of a separate washer. Didn't get a chance to ride with it. Did measure windshield height from speedometer ledge, picked up almost a quarter inch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts