Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the 2 PM's I've received and I'm going to definitely look into each one.

For anyone who wants to see what happened after my oil change yesterday, I've attached a picture. The Trackside Wheel Chock I was using came off the garage floor as I rolled my bike off the wheel chock and it lodge between my tire and the fender. I had to disassemble the wheel chock just to get it out from under my fender. The sound of my fender getting mangled made me sick to my stomach.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow I thought that only happened to me!!! I bought a wheel chock last year and then same thing happened!!!! I feel your pain. Took me awhile to find a good used fender but patience paid off.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,940 Posts
That sucks. Sorry for your misfortune. Unfortunately, I sold my stock Sedona fender on here last winter. Hope someone on here has one for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for the 2 PM's I've received and I'm going to definitely look into each one.

For anyone who wants to see what happened after my oil change yesterday, I've attached a picture. The Trackside Wheel Chock I was using came off the garage floor as I rolled my bike off the wheel chock and it lodge between my tire and the fender. I had to disassemble the wheel chock just to get it out from under my fender. The sound of my fender getting mangled made me sick to my stomach.
Can you bitch to the company about this? Maybe they will send you a gift cert or something for this happening, it could be happening a lot and they are aware and trying to make right on this, worth a shot.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you bitch to the company about this? Maybe they will send you a gift cert or something for this happening, it could be happening a lot and they are aware and trying to make right on this, worth a shot.
I took plenty of pictures of the damage to my fender, the wheel chock, and even the box the wheel chock came which has all the information about the wheel chock on it. I'm going to send an email to Trackside tomorrow since everyone should be back from the holiday weekend and see if they respond.

I've played this over and over in my head and I don't see how I could have done anything wrong. There's no mounting holes to keep this wheel chock from turning over and I obviously have to be on the bike when I roll it backwards. I'll let you guys know what their response is as soon as I receive one.

·
Super Moderator
1,801 Posts
Hello Kevian

You may have to go to fleabay, ebayclassified.com or craigslist to find one. Also try the parts section of Chopperexchange.com sometimes they will have parts.

The front fender for RG's, SG's is pretty much the same even a road king or FLHT fender will work you would have to fill in the bumper mounting holes.

Good luck and good hunting.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello Kevian

You may have to go to fleabay, ebayclassified.com or craigslist to find one. Also try the parts section of Chopperexchange.com sometimes they will have parts.

The front fender for RG's, SG's is pretty much the same even a road king or FLHT fender will work you would have to fill in the bumper mounting holes.

Good luck and good hunting.
Thanks for the information calgaryglide. I have been working with someone selling one on craigslist but the communication has been weak and that's probably a pretty good indication of how the deal will go. I keep hoping someone on this board will have one for sale. I'd much prefer that route.

·
Registered
170 Posts
There's a SG Sedona front fender on HDForums right now, I know it doesn't have the pinstripes, but thought I'd let you know anyway.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man, that sucks. How did you make out with Trackside?
I sent an email to Cycle Gear last Monday since I couldn't find a Trackside. The automated response said they would be in contact with me in 24 hours or less. One week later and I still haven't heard from them. That's pretty much the type of customer service I have grown to expect these days.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, better late than never. My local Cycle Gear called me about an hour ago and asked about what happened to my front fender. I walked them through every step and sent several pictures I took after the incident for them to review. I'll let you guys know what happens next.

·
Registered
664 Posts
How much you looking to spend? I am going to replace mine. go with a little more stretch with my 21" front wheel. this might expedite my process.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts