Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
My Child Bride bought me a pair of stock Heritage bars for Christmas. I had to return them as the Softail's don't have the electronic throttle, and they won't work.

The P&A catalog has a set with the right notches and holes though. You can get them in polished stainless or black. I returned the stock ones, and ordered the right pair...

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not sure it's even worth boxing up and paying for shipping. I just put them on too and they were only 79 bucks. And didn't even need the longer TBW cable.
Do you have a part # for the Heritage Bars?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I ended up buying a new set 56902-08
Thanks Jeff. Couple of quick questions, if you don't mind.

Do they not make these in chrome?

Did you have to change any cables, tbw, etc.?

Did you change them out yourself? If so, how long did it take you?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are like stock as far as finish goes. It was very easy took about 3 hours and I took my time to make sure everything was right. No cables or wires had to be replaced and none were even close to being tight. I will say if you can change oil you can do this job. I never had one "oh shit" moment.

·
Registered
192 Posts
They are like stock as far as finish goes. It was very easy took about 3 hours and I took my time to make sure everything was right. No cables or wires had to be replaced and none were even close to being tight. I will say if you can change oil you can do this job. I never had one "oh shit" moment.
That's great to know. I did all the work on my other bike (pic in my album)...so I can definitely change oil. The only thing that concerns me is the throttle by wire that I know NOTHING about. Guess I'll learn as soon as my Service Manual comes in. I imagine I'll tackle it. Thanks for the encouragement.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Swapped my stock bars for the Heritage style for Touring. All cables reach.
Not a big issue changing them out. As posted the cost is $79

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's great to know. I did all the work on my other bike (pic in my album)...so I can definitely change oil. The only thing that concerns me is the throttle by wire that I know NOTHING about. Guess I'll learn as soon as my Service Manual comes in. I imagine I'll tackle it. Thanks for the encouragement.
The tbw is very simple it slides out of the handlebar you unplug it and lay it on the bench. pulll the wires from inside the handlebar out thru the bottom hole of the old handlebars and run a sting thru the new handle bars so you can tape it to the wires that you just removed from the old bars and pull those wires back up the new bars and plug the tbw twist grip back in and and slide it back in the handlebar and you are done. there is only one way ti witll go in due to the slots. It really is a no brainer. the service manual made it sound worse then it was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts