Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouild be interested in all the mounting gear to mount the lower fairings, Can`t seem to find any anywheres???

·
Registered
163 Posts
I purchased the older style non vented lowers from ebay and did not get the hardware. The local Harley shop parts guy set me up with everything needed for $10.00 or less. Sorry I've long since forgotten the part numbers but he had no trouble finding them. Love the way the lowers look and ride!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats werid, We looked and Looked at the Dealer, they can`t get the top U Bolt Clamps at all, Can get all of everything else,Just not them U-Clamps at all.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone can find a part number for them, I could try that here at the dealer, but their dealer parts books don`t show nothing for them...Werid Eh

·
Registered
163 Posts
The dealer sold me a set of u clamps, 2 nuts, and a couple washers and said they were for like a 98 set of lowers (older style)? They did not really match up right. The holes in the fairings lined up with the upper fairing crash bar bracket. I ended up using the u clams and drilling holes in the lowers just inside the upper fairing bracket.

I would post a pic but the bike is in the shop getting the top end rebuilt....

·
Registered
587 Posts
I could not find the hardware at my local dealer as well. I ended up getting (2) 1/4" diameter u-bolts for 1 1/2" pipe and cut one leg off them. That made them more of a J-bolt. They have held the lowers on for over 50K miles so it worked for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts