Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all fellow forum members,

I will keep this long story short as possible.

I have a 2013 FLTRXSE2 Atomic Orange/Galaxy Grey. I'm looking to buy a chopped tour-pak in matching color for my bike.

The story, I contacted Harley directed and was told that the chopped tour-pak in my color is pending obsolete and was told no sense in trying to order it.( I asked them why a 3 year old bike that cost 40k would have obsolete parts already and couldn't get a direct answer other than they want to seller newer bikes).

I contacted a few Harley dealers around the St. Louis area and was told my best option would be order a vivid black chopped pak and have it painted to match. The problem, CVO colors are restricted and I can't just have someone paint one for me due to colors and graphics that it needs to have. Also, the dealer checked the national database of all H-D dealers and no one was showing any atomic orange/ galaxy grey paks in stock.

I need to know if anyone knows where I can buy a factory Atomic Orange/Galaxy Grey chopped pak at? I've checked Ebay, Amazon, etc... with no luck.

I really really want to find a factory painted chopped pak if I can

Seriously, any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
So you did your homework and leg work on checking with local dealers who also checked nation wide for a chopped tour pak and nobody has one avail? I'd check ebay, craigslist and harley forums classifieds to see if a used one pops up. If you don't wanna wait on something that specific to hopefully come up for sale I'd pick up an unpainted chopped pak and have a good painter paint it with the color scheme to match your bike. A good painter should replicate the color scheme but it won't be numbered from harley, who cares. It'll still be a true H-D pak that you want and will enjoy to use. So pick up a used cheap chopped pak and get it painted. You'll prob save yourself a bunch of money that way as well.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
i think your dealer is full of it.i found a 2011 cvo,hair line crack in tourpack.to purchase a new one painted was 1200.00.a local painter matched cvo colors.the problem may be that if yours didn't have a tour pack as a stock item,they tell me cannot be ordered.i bought a primered cvo king tourpack from hd with all holes drilled for 300.00,added fender ext,ext bags-total cost is 1800.00,all parts and paint.the local painter is dan worth in slc ut.he makes fiberglass fender ext. and fiberglass ext saddlebags,sells on ebay under motorcycle paint.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
HD did the same thing on my 08.
I was looking for a set of candy red sunglo (paint was only available in 08) painted fairing lowers and they were not available.
I could buy the fairing lowers by breaking them down piece by piece which cost more but I couldn't buy the complete fairing lowers which cost less.
I ended up just ordering a set of primed fairing lowers from PC Pain and having them painted by a local painter.
Good luck on your search! you may be able to get the painted tour pak by doing a breakdown on the parts but your best bet is just to get the primed tour pack and have it painted.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Contact Joe Z @ Xtreme Dimensions in NJ.
Here's his FB page. He does a lot of CVO paint for guys on the CVO forum. Excellent work. Better paint quality than factory.

https://www.facebook.com/Xtreme-Dimension-Custom-Motorcycles-158014827601333/

He's done all the paint work on Puzzled's bike and also a king TP for it.
And his prices will knock the shit out of what Harley wants to charge you! Definitely the best way to get what you want at a more than reasonable price.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Contact Joe Z @ Xtreme Dimensions in NJ.
Here's his FB page. He does a lot of CVO paint for guys on the CVO forum. Excellent work. Better paint quality than factory.

https://www.facebook.com/Xtreme-Dimension-Custom-Motorcycles-158014827601333/

He's done all the paint work on Puzzled's bike and also a king TP for it.
I actually had him paint a Bell "rogue" helmet for me last year. His paint job on the helmet, which was extremely difficult was fantastic. His rate was reasonable also!

One of the STL Harley dealers referred me to only 1 of 2 authorized CVO painters in Missouri. I contacted him last night and waiting for a response. If he doesn't think he can match the painting exactly, I will be contacting Joe again!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think your dealer is full of it.i found a 2011 cvo,hair line crack in tourpack.to purchase a new one painted was 1200.00.a local painter matched cvo colors.the problem may be that if yours didn't have a tour pack as a stock item,they tell me cannot be ordered.i bought a primered cvo king tourpack from hd with all holes drilled for 300.00,added fender ext,ext bags-total cost is 1800.00,all parts and paint.the local painter is dan worth in slc ut.he makes fiberglass fender ext. and fiberglass ext saddlebags,sells on ebay under motorcycle paint.
Yes, my CVO never came out of the factory brand new bike with a matched color chopped tour-pak. Now you could order one by calling your dealer. They call H-D and say we need a CVO colored matched chopped tour-pak. H-D calls "their" authorized painters, who paint them and send them back to H-D. After this is finished, H-D ships them to dealer for the sale. I've talked to several direct H-D people who all tell me it's pending obsolete (can't get them anymore).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just to update the follower of this post,

I contacted Joe Z @ Xtreme Dimensions and he is currently in the process of painting me a chopped tour-pak in my CVO colors. I had him paint a custom helmet for me last year and it turned out fantastic. He is suppose to be done with it by next week!

FYI to all CVO owners 2013 and down, H-D does NOT any longer sell painted CVO tour-paks. They are pending obsolete and I've talked to several people at H-D confirming that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts