Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post on here. I have been reading a lot and i want to take the plung and get a roadie. I am looking in the 10k range for a good, clean, low mileage and little to no engine mods, roadglide. If the bike is right i can add more cash or some guns to sweeten the deal! Looking in and around the Ohio area. Thanks!

·
Registered
250 Posts
My buddy has a (2004) Black RG with around 35K on it. Good strong runner. He also runs an after-market tour pak that's removable. Brand new tire on the front of it, as I was with him on our trip to Key West last summer when he had it put on. He lives about 5 minutes away from the Dulles airport.

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
I know of 2 for sale here in Ms.
1- 05 Gray new tires very clean 60k miles $10k
2- 03 13k miles one owner 100th anav. new tires, brakes, $11.500. Black/Silver
Both are located in Jackson Ms area

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just saw a smokin' deal on a 2009 vivid black with 6,000 miles, ABS, Cruise, Security, chrome front end, Stage I, and other stuff. The guy just reduced it to $14,750. It's in the classifieds over at hdforums.

·
Registered
561 Posts
hey defy, word of advise, you might want to spend just a bit more and get at least an 07 or newer then that will give you a 6 speed and a 96'' engine from the factory. these are two things that you will want later.its always cheaper to do it now,than to add it or trade up later. that 09 is a smokin deal!!!!! best of luck,panhead

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You might want to take a look at or call Smokin HD in Winston-Salem NC, I believe they have 15 FLTR's available with quite mix of new and used. They do allot of bank owned re-sales. pulled this listing off their site today, sorry, but very few prices on the site.

05 FLTRI Blue 25K
06 FLTRI Black 6K
06 FLTRI Black pearl 38k
06 FLTRI Black pearl 6K
06 FLTRI Silver 37K
07 FLTRI Blue 28K
07 FLTRI Pewter 35k
09 FLTRSE3 orange 11K

11 FLTRX Blue
11 FLTRX Orange
11 FLTRU Blue
11 FLTRU Silver
11 FLTRU Black
11 FLTRU103 Black
11 FLTRUSE Slate Black

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow Thanks guys. I am very interested in that 09 but he's 9 hours away and almost 5k over my budget, plus taxes. There is a 07 that is local that i might be able to make a deal with. I'll let you know anyways keep them coming.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so

07 upgrades were 96inch and 6 speed
09 upgrades were new frame, bigger rear wheel

Anything else major? I have heard that the 09's and up are completely different rides. As i will be coming from a 95 FLHT I think an 07 would be plenty of an upgrade for me. What do you think? If i keep bumping my price up i will be at 20k wanting a 2011 bike!

It would be so much easier to finance a new one (then you just sign and drive) you don't feel the hurt till later. But when your dealing in cash every dollar hurts, to see that savings account at 20k one day and 2k the next would really suck.

In the words of the great Gun -n- Roses "Just a little patience" i can't even ride it now it's like 15 deg's!

·
Registered
561 Posts
ok so

07 upgrades were 96inch and 6 speed
09 upgrades were new frame, bigger rear wheel

the 09 had 450 changes(HD says),i dont believe that all make a big difference, but the big tire and new frame is a much better handling bike. i went from a 04 electraglide to the 09 and its definetly a difference in cornering.i had a big bore 95'' and added a 6 speed it, for a mere cost of $4000. if you dont get the 96 and the 6 speed in an 07 youre not going to see alot of difference, over your 95.the new chassis tracks much better on steel deck bridges also. i believe that was the tire change. if you have cash, your in the drivers seat,its a buyers market and winter, hold out for a peach!

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
There is a member here with and 07 with 9k miles, He is in Louisville Ms, has power commander, V/H pipes, $14k
Harley-Davidson Road Glide 2007 - $14000 (Louisville)
Date: 2011-01-01, 9:37AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

2007 Road Glide 9300 miles, Black, Power Commander, Rush Slip-on exaust, SE Breather, Original Owner, Always stored indoors, Clear Title, EXCELLENT CONDITION!! 662-803-3930

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 2138395791-0

PostingID: 2138395791

·
Registered
355 Posts
There is a member here with and 07 with 9k miles, He is in Louisville Ms, has power commander, V/H pipes, $14k
Harley-Davidson Road Glide 2007 - $14000 (Louisville)
Date: 2011-01-01, 9:37AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

2007 Road Glide 9300 miles, Black, Power Commander, Rush Slip-on exaust, SE Breather, Original Owner, Always stored indoors, Clear Title, EXCELLENT CONDITION!! 662-803-3930

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 2138395791-0

PostingID: 2138395791

No offence to him, but that shows what a great deal that 2009 is.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah keep going back and forth if i get the 09 i will kill my savings i like to leave at least 10k in savings for emergency's and i don't know if getting an 09 over and 07 is an emergency. I am waiting to get his phone number to call and talk if i can get it from him for 14k i will pull the trigger and have my dad pick it up.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Defy
I'll tell ya what. Do take your time and shop for what you want. I have a 2005 with the 95" (NOT for sale) that I wouldn't trade up for any thing newer. Ride is fine (NO WOBBLES). The only issue with the TC88's are cam chain tensioners but not a big deal if your smart and aware of them. As some one already said it is a buyers market right now and you should be able to find a "peach of a deal" with a little patience.!
good luck

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i am seeing some pretty good deals. There is a sweet 06 with lots of goodies sitting around 13 but it has 20k miles. There are 2 07 silver ones local with low miles in the 13 k range two but those are stock compared to the 06. Then there is the 09 that will end up costing me close to 20k to try to set it up like the 06..... Still thinking.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just bought a '04 in August. I Love this bike.
Keep shopping and I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
974 Posts
For what it is worth, step to all you can get now, it will be cheaper down the road instead of adding evrything, but than again, that's what makes it yours!
I have seen it on the site here and my friends use to say, buying the bike is only the down payment, all the accessories are going to kill ya. that's why I finally traded in my softtail for my 09 screamin eagle Road Glide (which was brand new when I got it) and I only have 3 more months and it will be paid off. But I still had to change the exhaust, seat, handlebars, windshield, get the touring pack, etc, etc. As you can see it never ends.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah but all the accs come out of my pay check so thats not a big deal whereas the inital purchase comes out of savings and i have to consult with the wife so there is a balance.. So far there are options i found 2 08's local that i am going to look at here soon but i keep going back to that loaded 06 i'll keep you guys informed whatever decison i make

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok need help. I found an 08 for the right price delivered to my door! But when he was sending me pictures i saw a cutout in the exhaust heat shield? He said the shop did that to fit the exhaust on to the bike? Could that be a softtail/dyna exhaust that they squezzed onto a dresser? It's a bassanni roadrage. See the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Before buying a used bike it would be to your benefit to get the VIN # and ask a local dealer to do an SWR inquiry. It a simple computer generated report pulled from the MOCO's data base.

Its kind of like a free Car Fax on the bike, it will show any work ever done at a dealership mechanical whether reacall, warranty or otherwise plus if the bike has ever been wrecked and parts were ordered by with an insurance claim filed against the VIN that will pop up too.

Kind of like a free peak under the sheets before you consumate the marriage. :D

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Defy, I think I stole the ride you are looking for last week. Bought a 2006 RG 5300 miles with Screamin Eagle a/c and Stage 1 flash. $10,990 out the door from a dealer in Omaha Ne. Keep looking; like it has already been mentioned "Its a buyers market right now".

1 - 20 of 33 Posts