Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
WTB: Signature Series® Solo Seat with Rider Backrest part number 51700-09 in good to excellent condition.
Have you tried one of these seats out? The seat sits higher than the stock seat and is definitely noticeable . I have one with the backrest and passenger pillion. It is also a firmer seat which I like. Mine isn't for sale, I was just wondering if you knew of these differences.

W

·
0 Posts
I had read that it sets about as high as stock but slightly closer to the bars. Is that not your experience?
I bought this seat from a good friend that is only 5'4" and it sat her too high on her SG, so after 15 minutes on her bike she took it off and sent it to me to try. I really liked the firmness of the seat over stock but I noticed the difference in height right away. I have to back my bike out of my building and down a ramp and could definitely tell the difference. The front of the seat is narrower than stock and that is one thing I liked. I also didn't think it set me closer to the bars either. Using my Cee Baileys TRSSC Dome windshield I felt that I got a little more wind with the Signature Solo probably due to the height. When I purchased my 13" LRS Maco Winshield, it took care of the wind issues and gave me nice clean air. I currenty have about 1,500 miles on the bike using this seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts