Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking to see if someone might have a set of stockers they'd like to sell. The threads on my turn signal mounts are stripped out.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Is there enough room for a Helicoil on those threads ? I can't remember.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks much 93. PM sent.

Gary, I looked and that pot metal is so, so cheap I don't think it would take a helicoil very well. Thanks for the idea though. I was able to get creative with a zip tie to keep the right side from swingin'

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Jay,

Use some JBWeld to rebuild the threads. Coat the ends of the studs that you will thread in with Pam cooking spray to act as a release agent. If you don' want the studs to come out, don't use the spray. It won't take much JBWeld to do the job.

Troy

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jay,

Use some JBWeld to rebuild the threads. Coat the ends of the studs that you will thread in with Pam cooking spray to act as a release agent. If you don' want the studs to come out, don't use the spray. It won't take much JBWeld to do the job.

Troy

That's a very good idea Troy. I might do that, at least as a stop gap until I get some new ones. I'm working on getting a set of powder coated ones, and this is as good an excuse as any.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts