Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Not trying to mess up a deal but you might be surprised how cheap they are from the stealer. I left mine at a gas station somewhere and couldn't remember where or when. Went to the local stealer and they keep them behind the counter. Say it happens all the time. I don't remember the exact $ but I do recall thinking it was probably the least expensive HD part I had on my bike.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I'm tempted. I'm really on the fence though. I really like the look, but I'm wondering if it might look weird since I don't have extended bags/rear fender.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SIC 26 had the bad dad FL fender on his for awhile with no back fender. Didn't look bad. Obviously doing the rear is gonna look better. It's a slippery slope. Lol

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Well, I'm a good ways down that slope already. Might as well slide a little farther.

I'll PM you, Richie and see if we can hook up a deal.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
not to go too far astray on the fender talk, but i've heard that there is an aftermarket gas cap commonly sold in advance, autozone, etc. that fits perfect and is even vented. its a stant # 10834, runs about $5.00 at walmart.

not that you need it now, but it's good info to know if you lose one while you're on a road trip and need one in a hurry.

i don't take credit for this, found it in this thread: http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/955785-replacement-gas-cap-such-an-easy-find-and-i-missed-it-almost.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts