Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anybody have some new stock speakers laying around they'd like to get rid of for cheap?

I've F'ing had it with this POS HogTunes setup I have and I want to take it all out and just go back to stock.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses!! I'll see what happens with the first responder and if that doesn't pan out I'll hit up the next one in line. :cool:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Would I be out of line asking what you didn't like about your current setup?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would I be out of line asking what you didn't like about your current setup?
Where to begin..... First of all they were recommended by a friend, I was naive.

I ordered this setup directly from HogTunes. It was a product they weren't offering yet, a six speaker setup for a RoadGlide Ultra, a kit they ended up offering a few months after they put this one together for me. It included front, lower and TP speakers and two amps. I get it, unbox it and see wires soldered and wrapped with black electrical tape. That should have been the point I sent it all back. Anyway, I install it, hook up the wires as instructed and something isn't right. I call HogTunes and they walk me through hooking it up. It sounds halfway decent but not as good as I thought it should. Halfway through the season it starts cutting out on the left channel. I pull the fairing apart looking for loose connections or something a few times and find nothing obviously wrong.

I take it to the local dealer thinking it might be my radio, they say nope, it's your HogTunes. I say 'fix it'. Three hours labor later he says he called up HogTunes for schematics of the amps, gets them and hooks it up but says there's no way the TP speakers will work the way they say it should be wired. So now I have two amps but non-working TP speakers. Ok fine. It sounds ok again but not that great. Now it's cutting out again. I've F'ing had it. I'm tired of pulling the fairing off, no one wants to work on it and I'm tired of paying the dealer to do no better than I can.

To top it off, if the bike isn't on a Battery Tender if it sits for more than a day when I start it the radio makes this gawdawfully loud humming noise no matter what level the volume is set to. HogTunes says it's because of a low battery voltage not turning the amp on correctly or something.

This was supposed to be plug-n-play. I have blue wires plugging into brown wires, green wires plugging into yellow wires. It looks like a rats nest in there.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Hey does anybody have some new stock speakers laying around they'd like to get rid of for cheap?

I've F'ing had it with this POS HogTunes setup I have and I want to take it all out and just go back to stock.
I know it's a huge debate here & a lot of folks have tied up a lot of $$$$ in sound.....but I tried all the Rockfords & an amp in my '06 & just wasn't happy. When I bought the '12, I installed the Boom speakers only & what a HUGE difference. I hear they are even beter w/ an amp..........Just a suggestion as it was the best $129.00 upgrade I made!!
Good luck!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have my stock ones too. I just upgraded to J&M 7 1/4" 3 ways.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had the boom speakers with the amp and they were a really good set-up, but I wanted just a little bit more so I sold it all, but for the money boom is by far the best upgrade. I preferred them over the J&M's that I replaced them with, and thats why they are gone. The Boom is a good built speaker and sounds great for the money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts